Sworn Enemies ~ Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Lucia...

I sigh deeply when I step out of Zarald's house, he is gone off today, leaving me here all alone. It's nice that he trusts me enough to leave me alone in his house.

I'm snapped out of my reverie when my phone begins vibrating in my pocket. I gasp, taking it out answering it without checking the caller ID. Something I have always done that I really should work on.

"Hello?" I sigh deeply. My eyes widen when I hear shuffling around, I look at the caller ID seeing Luke's name. Shit. "What do you want Luke?" I accidentally ask in a rude tone.

"Lucia! Thank God you're okay. Where are you? Your mother said that you texted her saying you were going off. Lucia what's wrong? Why haven't you answered any of my calls?" His voice is soft, yet frustrated.

"I can't talk to you Luke, I'll be away for a while. I need to learn to control this thing I am. I will come back, I promise. It just might take a while until I do." I tell him, he groans. "Lucia!" He exclaims. "I thought I was helping you control it!"

"I'll see you Luke, bye." I hang up before he starts talking again. I sigh leaning against the house, resting my head on it. Why does life have to be so complicated?

Why can't I just be with the guy I like instead of all of this stupid crap keeping us apart?

"What's wrong Lucia?" I gasp looking at Zarald who comes back with a bag full of blood bags. "Your favourite." He grins, I chuckle.

"Now tell me, what happened." I shake my head. "It's nothing, just keeping this secret from Luke is beginning to get more difficult." He nods understanding. "You'll be able to go home and kiss him and everything in just a few more days, you are learning a lot quicker than I thought you would." He smiles. "Thank you."

He waves his hand. "Ah, no need to thank me, I was in your position before and I was helped, anyways.. It's partially my fault for giving you the human blood." he says awkwardly.

"So you finally admit that it was your fault as well!" He laughs rolling his eyes.

"Who helped you?" I follow him as he walks into the house. "It was a very long time ago, but this other vampire seen me struggle like I did you and he helped me. He made the craving become less but... he was killed, by hunters." He purses his lips, I raise my eyebrows.

"Hunters?" I gape. I didn't think anyone knew there is Vampires. "Don't worry about it, it was a really long time ago, I don't think people believe in Vampires anymore." He begins putting the blood bags into the fridge.

"Want a drink?" He laughs, seeing how I was eyeing the delicious, addicting liquid. I nod quickly. "Well you're not getting any." I gasp, he laughs throwing a bag to me.

I pour some into a cup, learning that the more I take, the more I will crave it. Little amounts will help me gradually get better. "Good." He pats me on the back, I smile.

Luke...

"Hey Luke, so is Lucia ill or something? She wasn't in school. Did you hear from her?" Calum looks at me confused. "Why are you so concerned? Do you like her or something?" I don't know why but I get defensive. He laughs at me.

"Luke, you're a jealous idiot. Of course I don't like her, she's my best friend now and I was curious." He continues to laugh. "Well?"

I sigh shrugging. "I don't know. I didn't hear from her." I lie, why is she gone?

She better be coming back or I'll hunt her down and drag her back here.

Wait.

Did she hear what my mother was saying the other night?

Dammit of course she did, she's a vampire for fuck sake. She was only in the next room, of course she could hear it, my mother was shouting it all.

Shit! I'm the reason she's gone and thinks she's a monster.

We finish school and walk into the house. "That's the second day Lucia hasn't been in school. And Ashley doesn't even know where she is. What if she's been kidnapped?" Ashton gapes, I shake my head. "I doubt she is guys.. Just wait a couple more days, maybe she's gone off for a break or something." They look at me surprised.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows. "I would've thought that you'd be the one phoning the police, getting a whole search party out looking for her." Michael laughs, the guys nod agreeing. I gape.

"I'm not like that. And why would I be?" I roll my eyes drinking some water. "Because you love her and you wouldn't want to risk it."

"I don't. Love her. Michael, shut up." I snap, he holds his hands up. "He's getting all defensive, he so likes her!" Calum exclaims.

"OMG guys! Cute!" Ashton grabs his cheeks, saying in a high pitched voice. "Guys stop it now."

"Lucia loves you too Luke!" Ashton tells me. "Ashton stop! I don't like her!"

"Nah.. She doesn't like Luke, she likes me. We kissed when we went out." Calum smirks at me.

"Are you having a laugh?" I get up, he chuckles, I grab his shoulders pinning him up against the wall. He gapes at me. "Luke! You face!" He gasps, I pull away from him. "What?" I furrow my eyebrows, looking in the reflection of the steel fridge.

"There's nothing wrong with my face. Guys why do you keep saying that. I'm starting to get self conscious." I cover my face up.

"No honestly Luke, you looked... Did you see it guys?" Calum turns to Michael and Ashton. Michael shakes his head.

"Actually I seen it at the party when I was teasing him about Lucia." Ashton tells us. I look at them, still confused.

"What happened to my face?!"

"You had your eyes, and your teeth went all wolfie."

I roll my eyes. "Guys, it's not the full moon and I can't change on command so you were all just imagining things, stop creeping me out." The shrug their shoulders, nodding their heads.

"He's right, it's stupid." Ashton laughs.

"Guys, are you all just going to forget how when Calum said he kissed Lucia, Luke almost beat the shit out of him." Michael joins in, I glare at him and he laughs sinisterly.

"Did you kiss Lucia though?" I look at Calum, he laughs as well shaking his head. "I was just testing how jealous you would get. I didn't know you would get that jealous."

"I'm not jealous. She's my best friend, I just don't want to see her kissing an idiot."

"Oh snap!" Ashton giggles, Calum frowns. I roll my eyes. "I'm going out." I state leaving the house.