Sworn Enemies ~ Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Lucia...

One month later

Okay, so it's been a month since I've seen my family and the guys. Zarald said that I'm trained enough now. He has helped me a lot over the past few weeks. But I have missed Luke a lot the past month.

"Do you wanna see your family now?" Zarald smiles widely at me. I grin. "Yeah. I think I'm ready."

"Let's go. I'll come with you in case something happens." He chuckles when I give him a raised eyebrow look.

"Oh jeez thanks for having faith in me." I smile sardonically. We both leave his house and run to mine.

My stomach is doing flips by this point. I'm afraid that they'll all hate me for leaving. Or they'll ask me loads of questions that I won't be able to answer.

"Mum!" I shout, when we walk inside. There is no answer. "Mum!" I shout again. No answer. I walk around the house looking for anyone. There is no one around.

I sigh deeply walking into the kitchen. "My parents are probably at work and Ashley's probably with Cal-"

"What's this?" Zarald grabs a note that I should have notices on the island but didn't.

'Dear Lucia,

So... You're back. You're back from that Vampire's house.

Why did you let him train you? He doesn't even know how to control himself, why would you trust him?

Well I guess you are as stupid as I thought you'd be. You're even dating a Werewolf. You are seriously on a suicide mission.

Anyways, I'll get to the point. I have your family. I will kill them if you don't come to your school gym by tomorrow :) hope you get this or it's bye bye family.

P.s. Have fun freaking out ;)'

Zarald reads it out loud to me. "Hey, I do know how to control myself!"

"Well we obviously have to go." He rolls his eyes. "I'm going to kick some Vampire ass." He growls, putting the note back onto the island. "But what if, this note was written a week ago?" I gape at the realization. If it is from weeks ago, then my family is... dead.

"Well, we might as well go and check shouldn't we?" He tells me, I nod and we begin walking to the school.

We arrive outside the school, it's dark and I'm getting the chills just looking at it. "Shit." I mutter as we walk towards the gym door. I am about to walk in but Zarald stops me.

"What?" I ask him impatiently, I need to get to my family. "There's a note." He laughs. "You really need to open your eyes Lucia." I roll my eyes and he reads the note.

"Dear Lucia, I take it that you got my note then. I knew you would bring Zarald with you. Don't bring him in or I will kill your family now. Come in by yourself." Zarald sighs deeply. "Aww, so I don't get to kick some Vampire ass."

I chuckle and open the door, about to walk in again but he stops me for the second time. "Be careful."

"I will be. I'll be out in a bit....hopefully." He rolls his eyes at me, I laugh and walk into the gym.

The gym is just it's normal self, benches lined up against the wall, basketball hoops hanging from the ceiling. The only thing that's different is the lighting. The lights aren't on and since it's dark outside, it's even darker inside.

"Hello?" I shout, there is no answer. I flick the switch for the lights, but they don't turn on. "Shit." I sigh.

"Hel-"

"Shut up! God! Your voice is annoying me!" I gasp looking around, seeing a man standing across the hall. He runs and lands in front of me in a flash making me jump.

"You came." He chuckles, running his index finger along my jaw. I grimace. "Well when someone tells you to go to a place or they'll kill your family, you go to the place." I say in a sarcastic tone. He smirks. "Well, you spend way too much time with Zarald!"

"Oh and... about that." he laughs devilishly. "I sent your family on a holiday. So... they are currently in Dubai, while you're here, about to be killed." The whole gym echo's with his laughter. I gasp.

"Why am I going to be killed?" I furrow my eyebrows. He raises his, continuing to run his finger along my face. "Well, you're a newbie Vampire, and nobody likes them.. They're a waste of space." He chuckles. "Say goodbye." He grins before pushing me into the wall.

I push him off of me, about to run outside but he stops me. He throws me into a wooden bench making it break. "Shit!" I groan, moving slowly, pain jolting through my body.

I look beside me, seeing a piece of wood. I am about to get it but he gets to it first and sticks it in my stomach. I scream in pain. He laughs taking it out of me. "This time it will actually kill you." He raises his arm, the woods piece in his hand.

He almost sticks it into my chest, but he gasps. I open my eyes and see a wooden piece sticking through his chest. He turns to dusk on top of me.

I loom up seeing Zarald with an excited expression. "I got to kick some Vampire ass after all."

I jump up and hug him tightly. He laughs. "My family are on holidays." I sigh, he pulls away and looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Of course he was joking, that's Matthew for you."

I raise my eyebrows.

"Who?" I look at him in shock. "This guy, we go way back. He just, he used to be terrible. He would kill anyone he would see. I'm surprised he didn't kill your family. He killed my family, I was looking for him for ages. I found out his name was Matthew, he found almost killed me, threatening that he will if I don't stop looking for him. Thank God he's dead." He smiles widely.

"Anyways.. Wanna go home now?"

"Yeah but since my family isn't home can you stay with me until they get back?" We walk out of the gym, he nods.

Over the past month, Zarald and I have gotten really close. I know I can trust him now and I am more tha grateful that he helped me with my cravings. He's like the brother I never had.

My phone begins to ring and I answer it quickly seeing it is my mother. "Mum!" I gasp.

"Lucia, I just want to let you know that your father, Katey, Ashley and I are in Dubai. Sorry we didn't take you but we only won four tickets and we couldn't reach you." I could hear the frown in her voice.

"Some mother you are."

"Lucia! We couldn't fi-"

"Mum I'm joking. I don't mind that you all went without me." I laugh, she sighs.

"Well how long are you going to be gone for?"

"Well, it says about two months." I gape. "Two months?!" I exclaim in shock, I can tell she's nodding. That's a long holiday...

"Sorry darling, we'll be home before you know it." She chuckles. "It's okay, have a great time. I'm just glad you guys are safe." I smile. "Thanks honey, I'll ring you tomorrow." I nod.

"Alright bye, love you mom." Zarald and I enter my house. "Love you too Lucia." And with that I hang up. "Two months." I breath out. I haven't seen my family for one month, now it's going to be three?

"Don't worry, you have me and school to keep you entertained." Zarald smiles. "Oh no, school." I sigh, plopping down onto my couch. "You'll be fine."

"I'm just scared about the guys. What if they hate me fore leaving them for so long. What if Luke has a girlfriend by now?"

"Stop thinking 'what if' it'll just drive you mad." He laughs. "You'll be fine." He repeats.

God I hope so.