Sworn Enemies ~ Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Lucia....

(One month later)

"Fine then. I'll get it." I say sardonically, looking at Ivory and Zarald, who lay lazily on the couch. The ignore me, continuing to watch the TV.

I roll my eyes, suppressing my laugh. They're such idiots.

I answer the door, why eyes widening and my mouth dropping. "Mum!" I squeal diving on top of her, as she stood on the other side of the door. She laughs loudly. I hold her at arms length, examining her. Whoa, she looks different!

Her hair is a shiny, her skin is tanned. She looks so young and beautiful. "Lucia, you didn't burn down the house!" Is the first thing she says to me. Jeez. I love you too Mum. I laugh rolling my eyes at her.

"I missed you so much honey." She pouts at me, I nod. "I missed you too Mum." I grin, happy they're all back. 

My dad comes into the house, dragging two suitcases behind him. "Lucia! Where were you gone?" He looks at me bemused, Mum leaves to put away the clothes in her suitcases. "I just went away for a while, I needed a break. I'm sorry for leaving without permission dad." I hug him.

"If I didn't miss you so much, you would be grounded right now for giving your mother and I the biggest heart attack ever. Just never do it again okay?" He looks at me sternly, I nod vigorously. He smiles, following Mum upstairs.

"Lucia!" Ashley exclaims running into the house, engulfing me in a bone crushing hug. "Oh my God! I missed you so freaking much Lucia, I hate you for scaring me like that. Where the F were you?" She scowls at me.

"Hey." We both turn around, where Dad was coming back down. He gives Ashley a warning look.   "What? I said F." She throws her arms in the air. He rolls his eyes going back upstairs.

"Calum missed you anyways." I tell her making her head snap to me. "Hmm?" She looks at me intrigued. "You heard me." I grin widely. "Come. . . I need to introduce some people to you." I grab her arm, pulling her to the living room. Zarald and Ivory were sitting up. They look towards the door at us.

"Whoa, who are these?" Ashley looks at them puzzled. "I'm Ivory, and this is Zarald." Ivory smiles, getting up from the couch and holding out her hand. Ashley shakes it, her puzzled look, turning into a wide grin. "You have more friends! Wow, I never though you would have so many friends Lucia." Ashley looks at me, I frown. 

"Don't be a bitch." She giggles, plopping down onto the couch next to Zarald.

Mum comes in and looks at Zarald and Ivory. She gives them a welcoming smile. "Oh, hello." She finishes shaking Ivory's hand and goes to Zarald's. "Why hello there." Zarald smirks, winking at her. "Zarald." I scowl, my mother laughs. I grimace, gross.

"Mum, can Ivory stay with us for a while? She has nowhere else to go. . . please?" I almost get onto my knees, to beg but Ivory stops me. "No, Lucia it's fine... I don't need to stay h-" 

"Ivory, you can stay here. . . the house is big enough for an extra person." Mum smiles, her wide, white toothed smile. "Yey! thank you so much Mum!"I wrap my arms around her, taking her of guard. "Lucia we're going out for a bit to eat. . . do you want to come?" Mum asks me. I nod, looking at Ivory and Zarald.

"I have to go back home, I'll see you later. . ." Zarald hugs me. "Bye Zarald, thank you so much for everything." I grin, he nods and pulls away smirking down at me. "I had fun." And with that he's gone. "Can Ivory come with us?" I look up at Mum, she nods vigorously.

"No, no. You go have your family fun time, I'll be at Michael's." She waves her hand in dismissal.

"Okay, have fun." I wiggle my eyebrows, she giggles and waves after saying her goodbye's.