Sworn Enemies ~ Five

Chapter Five,

Lucia...

Ashley and I walk home in silence. Luke is in my mind, and won't get out. He's a Werewolf. A thing by multiple legends, I'm supposed to hate. But I don't. I like Luke. I could be with him all day, he drives me crazy.

It's so weird how strongly I feel about him and I've only known him for a couple of days. I miss him already. His smell, his eyes, his voice, accent, hair, body, everything. It's scaring me, I've never liked a guy before.

What about the other guys? Are they werewolves too? I didn't see them in the woods, but I did hear other howls... maybe they are. "Lucia, are you okay?" Ashley asks snapping me out of my reverie.

"What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I wave my hand to dismiss it, she nods.

Does he know what I am? Don't wolves have all these weird skills, maybe he figured out I'm a Vampire. 

"So.. how are you and Ashton?" I ask her, she bites her lip, looking down. "Actually I change my mind." I raises my eyebrow, and she smiles, a blush creeping on her cheeks. "What?" I smile widely at her, she clears her throat.

"I like Luke, Lucia." She looks at me, I gasp. "You what?!" Shit! She begins laughing loudly, I raise my eyebrow. "I'm joking. God, you like him. Anyways.. I like Calum." She blushes, I sigh in relief and gasp. "I do not like him!" I frown, she laughs and nods her head. "Yeah.. sure you don't."

We arrive home and I run upstairs, doing my homework. When I finish I go back down, where my mother is preparing the dinner. Ugh dinner.

We finish our dinner, and everyone heads to bed a few hours later. I'm not tired though. All I can think about is Luke. 

God! Why?! He doesn't like me,so why do I like him?

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

I wake up at God knows what time. I try to go back to sleep when I look at the clock, seeing it is just past four a.m. I can't go back to sleep though. Huffing, I get out of the bed and head downstairs. I turn on the TV and sit on the couch. 

I jump when I hear my mums voice a few minutes later. "Lucia? What are you doing up so early?"

"I just woke up like an hour and a half ago and couldn't go back to sleep, so I turned on the TV" I explain, she nods and walks to the kitchen. "Well go get ready for school and I'll make breakfast." I nod and run upstairs.

"Alrighty." 

I sigh looking in my wardrobe. Something that Luke might like. I put my index finger on my chin, thinking. Ugh, I don't care. I have nothing nice in my wardrobe anyways.

I throw on a maroon Ramones t-shirt with black skinny ripped jeans, combat boots and a black beanie, leaving my hair wavy. I walk back downstairs to see my mum, finishing up the breakfast. 

Ugh breakfast. 

"Your breakfast it there Lucia." She points to a plate on the table. I nod and sit down in front of it. "I'm going to work now, see you later, have fun at school." She kisses my forehead and leaves the house.

Ashley and I finished our breakfast and begin walking to school.  "So, what's up with you and Luke?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me, I sigh. not this again. "What? Why? Nothings up." I roll my eyes, she nods her head. "Well you guys seem pretty close." A knowing smirk forms on her face, I shake my head.

"That's because he's my friend. I'm close with all the guys." I throw my arms in the air. "Not as close as you are with Luke." I roll my eyes again and thank God she didn't continue, trying to annoy me.

Because it was working.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

I go to the cafeteria when it's lunch time, and sit at the table with no food. I really wasn't hungry or in the mood to try and eat today. "You're not going to eat?" Ashley asks me after she took a seat beside Calum.

"No, I'm not hungry." I look at her, she frowns. "Are you sure you don't want to eat? I can share my fo-" 

"No I'm fine Luke, thanks though." I smile at him and he nods, understanding. I frown, does he think I have an eating disorder? I hope he doesn't, I don't want to upset him, or make him dislike me in any way.

"Lucia?" Calum calls, snapping me out of yet another reverie. "I'm sorry what?" I look at him, he laughs. "Are you coming to tonight's party?" He raises his eyebrows at me in curiosity.

A party? But I've never been to one. I can't go to one. I don't want to. They can't make me go. I don't want to face drunken people, that grind off of each other, or are making out against walls.

"I don't think it'd be a good idea." I shake my head. "Come on... it would be fun." he pouts. "Pwease?" He stands up and grabs my hand, bouncing up and down. 

"Fine!" I frown, giving in. They cheer and I roll my eyes. "What time?"

"We'll pick you and Ashley up at six." Ashton tells me, I gape. "Ashley's not going!"

"What why?!" Ashley gasps. I shake my head. "You're fifteen Ashley, and this is a party." I roll my eyes at her. Why would she want to go, mum would never let her go anyways. "Why aren't you letting me go? You all are too young to go to a party and get drunk as well." 

I think about it, that is a fair point, and the truth. "Fine! But don't tell mum!" I warn, she nods smiling widely, looking at Calum, who smiles down at her.

I look at Luke, who is looking at Calum and Ashley. He blinks, and looks at me, smiling. "I'm not drinking anything though." He laughs at me, and shrugs. "We'll see."