Sworn Enemies ~ Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

Calum...

"I missed you." I grin, she giggles and grabs my hand on the table. I purse my lips together, God. Her touch! What is she doing to me? "I missed you too Cal."

"So. . . I'm guessing Dubai went good." I sip my coffee, noticing how beautiful her skin is. It's so tan and flawless, her hair is a beautiful shiny, brown with soft highlights. She looks breathtaking.

She smiles tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and nods. "It was great, but I did feel a little home sick." She pouts, for some reason, I feel like she's telling me something else. "Surprising. . .I thought you would want to stay there forever, to get out of this crappy town." I chuckle, she shakes her head, beaming at me.

"There's people here, that I wouldn't leave for a million dollars." She grins, I match her expression. "Aw, thanks Ashley." I tease, her face goes red and she looks away. I gasp inconspicuously when I realize we're still holding hands, I smile looking at them, but my smile fades when Ashley slowly pulls her hand back.

"You want to head out? Go somewhere else or something?" She raises her eyebrow, I smile nodding, grabbing my coffee and exiting with her.

Ashton...

I sigh deeply, leaving the Pac Man game, and looking around the arcade. It's almost empty by now. I just realize that I don't have anyone. Michael is at home with Ivory, Luke's gone out with Lucia, Calum's with Ashley.

I leave the arcade, not wanting to go home, where the happy couples could be. I walk to the park, sitting on a swing, taking out my phone to keep myself occupied.

I sense someone sit next to me, I turn seeing a brown haired girl. I suddenly get a strange feeling. I cough looking away from her then back again. She giggles, looking at me. "Can I help you?" Her voice is laced with humor. I chuckle, feeling my cheeks heat up. Shit, embarrassing.

I don't know what to say. I smile sheepishly at her. She's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She had a large woolen gray cardigan covering her whole body, her light, highlighted brown hair fell around her shoulders in soft waved, her green eyes sparkled in the light. She is mesmerizing. 

"I'm Ashton." I finally get the courage to speak up, my voice is slightly shaky, but it's not noticeable. "Emily." Her voice is soft, beautiful. 

"What are you doing out here on your own?" I raise my eyebrow, looking around. It's getting dark, and that's the time where the people finish in the bars, drunk off their faces, not knowing what their doing. Someone could do something to her.

For some reason, the thought gives me an unbelievably uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"I could ask you the same thing." She grins, I lick my lips, pursing them together. "Uh. . . I needed some place to think." I explain, she nods. "Same. I just recently broke up with my boyfriend and he won't stop texting me or coming over to my house, I didn't want to be there when he came over again, I'm not in the mood to face him. He doesn't understand the phrase broken up. Sorry, you didn't actually want to hear my life story." She giggles, sheepishly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"No, it's fine. It's good to get things off of your chest. Even if you're telling it to a complete stranger." I laugh, she smiles at me.

I groan when my phone starts ringing. "I'm sorry, I'll be a second." I answer it quickly, not wanting to leave her hanging. "Hello?"

"Ashton, hey. We are all at Lucia's hanging out, do you want to come over?" Luke asks on the other side. I look at Emily and think for a second.

"No, it's okay.. I'm busy, talk to you later." I hang up, before he can say anything else. "Do you need somebody to talk to? We can go and get some ice cream, I hear that helps a lot when it comes to break ups. . . or crazy ex's." She laughs loudly, nodding. I grin. "Yeah, sure that would be nice." We both stand up and make out way to the park.