Sworn Enemies ~ Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Lucia...

"Shit!" I jump when I feel someone poke me roughly. I turn seeing Michael, a huge smile slapped onto his face. "Damn, I didn't know you were so easy to scare." She grins maliciously. "You better watch your back, Lucia." He wiggles his eyebrows. I slap him, he gapes.

"Wow, for a girl, you really are strong." He grabs his shoulder, a pained expression on his face. I laugh smiling victoriously. "What's going on anyways?" He asks. I sigh closing my locker, shrugging my shoulders. "Nothing much, just feeling lonely walking to school." I chuckle.

"When is Ashley getting back anyways?" He furrows his eyebrows, I shrug. "It's been a week since I found out, so.. a few more weeks, I dunno." I roll my eyes in frustration.

"Damn girl!" Michael and I look over when we hear guys wolf whistling. I spot a black haired girl walking down the hallway. Her head up, heals clicking against the floor, a smirk plastered on her face. "Wow." Michael swoons. I slap his arm, laughing.

"Pervert."He gapes at me, laughing. "Damn, who's the girl?" Ashton looks as she opens up her locker. Michael and I shrug. "Haven't a clue... she's new."

"Uh, well.. no shit Sherlock." I frown at Calum's snarky attitude. He grins.

The warning bell soon rings. "See you guys." I smile, they walk off and I head into my Geography class.

"Oh, hey." I look up from my desk, almost jumping. The new girl is sitting in a chair. "Hi." I almost laugh. How did I not notice her? "I'm Ivory." She says, her voice soft. I smile. "Lucia."

Luke comes into the class and smiles at me. Ivory props her elbows on the desk and bats her eyelashes at him. "Hello." She smiles, Luke looks at her questionably, sitting next to me. "Are you new?" She nods slowly, an innocent smile on her lips.

Is she flirting with him?!

"Where were yo-"

"I came from England. You have an accent too, where are you from?" She interrupts me. "Australia." He tells her, she gapes. Yeah bitch. He's mine.

Damn, I'm possessive. He's not even mine.

"I'm guessing Sydney, all the hot guys are from there." She smirks, I bite my lip, trying not to look affected. Luke chuckles, looking at me, I smile. "Thanks.. I guess." He says sheepishly, looking back at me.

. . . . .

"Dude, this girl told me straight to my face that I was hot." Luke sits down next to Michael with a huge, shocked smile on his face.

Oh Lord.

"Oh my God! Really? Wow! Who was it?" Michael looks at Luke, the same expression on his face. Guys! "Yeah, she's new. It was so weird." Luke laughs. "It wasn't that weird..." I interfere. They look at me. Michael clears his throat looking back at Luke. I roll my eyes sighing. Jealous would be the understatement of the century.

"She's new?! So it was that girl from this morning?" Michael exclaims. Luke shrugs his shoulders. "Yes Michael it was. Her name's Ivory." They look back at me. "Ivory." Michael sighs dreamily. "Hey! Luke, back off. You already have a girlfriend. This one is mine." Luke gapes, his face turning red.

"Anyways..." I say awkwardly. "Guys, there's a party Friday." Ashton tells us. "Oh God, another party?" I groan, Ashton nods smiling. "Where do you get all of this information?"

"Uh.. old man. There's something called Twitter, and if you're following the people throwing the party, you see the tweets." Ashton shakes his phone in Calum's face. I laugh.

"But guys. This isn't just any party." Ashton says smirking slightly. "There's going to be popular people, and lots of pretty girls." He grins. "Well, that's not really an advantage for me.." I trail on. "Shut up." I purse my lips together, he giggles.

"I'm staying home with Zarald" I state. "Oh come on Lucia! Bring Zarald with you!" Calum exclaims, I shake my head. "Do you honestly think an old man like Zarald would want to go to a party, with a load of drunken teenagers?"

. . . . .

"A party?" Zarald laughs. I knew he wouldn't want to come. "Of course!" Wait what?

"Huh?" He laughs at my expression.

"Lucia, I haven't been to a twenty first century party yet. It makes me feel old. I'm going!" He exclaims, throwing his arms in the air. Okaayyy...? Not the outcome I was expecting.

Zarald leaves for a moment, coming back and handing me a glass of the familiar thick, red liquid.

"How was school?" He asks. "Fine, Luke w-" I stop when he rolls his eyes. "Okay, what's wrong?" I raise my eyebrows. "What?" He asks oblivious. "Nothings wrong why?"

"Why do you act like that whenever you here their names of see them? I thought you were cool with Luke" I frown. "They're fucking Werewolves, Lucia! We're not supposed to be anywhere near their kind! They could just be playing you and could end up killing you in the end! I know it seems like Luke is helping you out. But what if he turns his back on you? What if he kills you when he changes?" He screams at me. I frown, my eyes tearing up. Why is he so angry? I never seen him like this before, and to be honest, it's scaring me a lot.

"They're not like that! Luke's the only one that knows about me anyway! Who are you to tell me who I can and cannot hang out with!" I match his tone. "They could kill you Lucia." He sighs, frustration and seriousness in his tone. "Go fuck yourself." I run out of the house, hearing him call after me. I ignore it.

I run to the guys' house and bang on the door. "Wait, wait I'm coming! Jeez!" Michael shouts from the inside. At this point I am crying, and I can't stop. "Lucia? What's wrong?" He gapes, pulling me into a tight hug. "Why are you so cold?" I bury my head in his chest.

"It's cold outside, can I stay here tonight, I got in a fight with Zarald." I sniffle. "Of course."He pulls me in, shutting the door behind me. He grabs a blanket off of the couch wrapping it around my back, not that I need it. "Thanks." I tug it down around me more, smiling up at him, small tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Calum is sitting on the couch, gaping at me. I smile shaking my head to dismiss it. "She got in a fight with Zarald, she's staying the night." Michael, holds me against his side. I wipe away my tears, sighing. I hope Zarald doesn't hate me.

Ashton and Luke come into the living room, where I am now cuddled into Michael. I never noticed it before, but Michael is really cuddly and warm. I could stay here all day, and I actually feel like falling asleep. Calum tells them and Luke sits next to me.

"You okay?" I nod. "It's fine. I'll be fine. It's just a little fight, he just needs some time to cool down. We'll be besties in the morning." I tell him, he nods and doesn't say anything else about it, knowing I don't want to think about it any more.

"Well, you can sleep in my room." Michael says, smirking at me. I laugh and look at Luke, who gives a 'don't test me' look. Michael laughs rolling his eyes. "I'm joking, she's all yours Luke." He wiggles his eyebrows. I slap him and sit up, he pouts and I stick my tongue out at him.

"We're going to bed now." Luke states, standing up. I look up at him giving him a 'why now?' look. He rolls his eyes, holding out his hand. I sigh grabbing it and standing up.

"Okay, have fun." Ashton's tone makes me turn around as we walk to the stairs. They all make kissy faces at us, I scowl and Luke flips them off. Do they know about my feeling for him? God, that's embarrassing. Luke doesn't feel the same way and they all know that I will be rejected.