Sworn Enemies ~ Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Lucia...

I walk into the school, smiling when Ashton runs up to me. "Hey Lucia!" He grins widely at me, I laugh. "Hi Ashton!" I exclaim with just as much enthusiasm. "Where's the other guys?" I laugh confused since they're always together. "Have no idea, and honestly I don't care." He laughs, I grin, immediately getting an uneasy feeling in my stomach when I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey guys!" I notice Ashton looking at me skeptically. I frown and turn around seeing Ivory. "Hey Ivory." I say politely, Ashton waves. "Where's... so, where's Michael?" She purses her lips together, looking at me as if I should know. 

What?

I thought she is obsessed with Luke.

"Nope." Ashton answers for me. "Why? What happened to Luke?" I raise an eyebrow at her, she chuckles. "Lucia, come here." I furrow my eyebrows as she walks away. I look at Ashton who looks just as confused as me. "Go." He mouths, I sigh nodding and following the bitch out of the school.

I look around when I arrive outside. I spot her near a tree, she smiles at me. I furrow my eyebrows, is this where I'm going to be murder? I stand in front of her and she lets out a deep breathy sigh. "Lucia..." She starts, I raise my eyebrow, growing impatiently curious. "What?" I ask in a, get to the point tone. "How come you don't like me?" I gape.. was it that obvious? Wow, okay. 

"I'm sorry if it seemed that way, but I don't hate you." I emphasis hate. I don't hate her. Hate is a very strong word, and she hasn't done anything so terrible it requires me to hate her.

"Lucia, I know..... I know what you are." I take in a sharp breath, my eyes wide. "I don't know what you're talking about?" My tone is clipped. She can't be talking about me being a Vampire. She just can't be. God I hope she's not.

The sound of the second bell stops her from talking. "I'll talk to you later." She's about to walk away. I quickly grab her forearm. "What are you talking about?" She shakes her head. "I'll talk to you later Lucia." She gives me a look that makes me let go of her arm. Okay, so she doesn't want to elaborate right now.

This is going to drive me crazy.

What is she talking about?!

.     .     .     .     .

"What's wrong with you?" Calum snaps me out of yet another reverie. "Seriously, that's the third time in fifteen minutes Lucia, what's wrong?" I sigh deeply, shaking my head. This seriously is driving me mad.

What is Ivory talking about?! 

"I, uh... I need to go to the bathroom." I say quickly to the guys before getting up and rushing out of the cafeteria.

I walk into the park, which is nearby the school and sit on a swing. I really need time to myself. 

No, I need to speak to Ivory!

"Well you look on edge." A female voice chuckles next to me. I look up, seeing a girl sitting on the swing next to me. Was she there the whole time? How come I didn't notice her? I sigh deeply nodding.

"It's a long story." She purses her lips together, nodding. "I've got time." She smiles. I shake my head. "Really.. you wouldn't understand." I tell her, she raises an eyebrow. "Try me." I sigh deeply, she smiles. "It's fine... sorry, you just seemed upset and like you needed someone to talk to." I chuckle lightly.

"Thanks." I smile at her, she nods, her lips pursing again. "I've seen you around in school." I say to her, only now recognizing her face. She nods. "Yeah.. you're the one that's friends with the new guys." I smile, nodding my head. "Honestly, you're all stuck together like I don't know what." She laughs, I follow her laughter.

"Yeah.. they're really great friends.." She nods. "I can't even imagine." She sighs deeply, I furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm Emily." She sticks out her hand. I smile shaking it. "Lucia." 

"Nice to meet yo-"

"Lucia! There you are. Oh my God! What happened to the toilet? We sent Ivory in to see and everything. You were gone for ages!" I jump, turning around seeing Luke approach us, a relieved expression on his face.

"I just came to get a breath Luke. You don't always have to be so protective." I roll my eyes looking at Emily, who just stares at both of us with a lost look. "Well I'm sorry, I'm afraid you'll be kidnapped or doing God knows what." I laugh. "Luke, just shut up." He stops and his lips twitch. I begin to grin and he laughs. "Idiot."

"Luke, this is Emily.. Emily this is Luke." Emily stands up and politely shakes Luke's hand. "Nice to meet you Luke. I've heard a lot about you." She winks at me and I gape. Liar! Luke smirks at me and I don't even know what to say. I look away sheepishly, he wouldn't believe me if I said she was lying.

"Anyways! see you both in school.. I'm going to head back." Emily smiles at both of us. We nod and she walks away, Luke sits in the swing she previously sat on. He gives me a concerned look. "Are you going to tell me now why you're out of it?" I furrow my eyebrows sighing. I need to tell him, it's driving me insane.

"This morning I talked to Ivory and she told me she knows what I am. But I don't understand what she meant. Luke.. I think she knows I'm a Vampire. What if she tells everyone?" He shakes his head grabbing my hand. "If she knows what you are. She won't tell. I get a feeling she's a really nice person deep down and she will keep your secret if you ask her to. Lucia, don't stress about it, you'll be fine, I swear. Even if she did tell everyone and they all went against you. you will always have me." I sigh deeply, wondering why Luke cares so much about me.

I honestly don't deserve it.       

.     .     .     .     .

I sit on the couch beside Zarald, a glass of blood in both our hands. I've told Zarald about Ivory, and he told me not to stress out, just like Luke did.

I'm going to talk to her in school tomorrow. I couldn't find her fast enough after school today, which bugged me.

Zarald looks at me when my phone buzzes. I fumble on the couch, trying to find my phone in my back pocket. I get it and quickly unlock it, seeing a message from an unknown number.

UnknownLucia, it's Ivory. Meet me at the park please...

"Ivory texted me." He gapes. "She wants me to meet with her." He nods. "Go.. but I swear to God Lucia, don't doze off while you're there with you, she could end up staking you or something." I shake my head hugging him. 

"Be safe." I nod. "See you."

I soon arrive at the park. "Ivory!" I call. "Lucia. Hey." She walks toward me. "What were you talking about today?" I get straight to the point. She sighs deeply.

"I was saying that I know what you are because.... I'm one as well"