Sworn Enemies ~ Ten

Chapter Ten

Lucia...

"Love in an elevator, living it up when I'm going down." I sing to Aerosmith's 'Love in an elevator' as I scroll through Instagram. I jump when a message pops up on my phone. It's from Calum.

From Calum: Hey Lucia, wanna hang out today? I'm bored :(

I laugh, texting him back.

To Calum: Alrighty, what time?

From Calum: 2

To Calum: Awesome, see you then :-)

From Calum: See ya :P

I look at the clock, sighing deeply when I see there's half an hour for me to get ready. I hop into the shower. Showering in under five minutes. I get dressed and put on my usual makeup. I look at the time. 

1:55.

The door bell rings. I answer it laughing. "You're five minutes early Calum." I raise my eyebrow, he laughs. "Am I, oh, I didn't even notice." I chuckle shaking my head. 

"Mum, I'm going out with a friend!"

"You have friends?" She comes into the hall, I gape at her and she laughs. "I'm joking, jeez calm." She wraps her arms around me. "Take care of her alright?" My mum gives Calum a stern look. "Mum, you don't need to treat Calum like he's my boyfriend, he's Ashley's." She looks at me in disbelief.

"Actually, uh Ashley and I aren't-" Calum tries to speak but my mum interrupts him.

"You mean.. Ashley's only fifteen and she got a boyfriend before you?" I slap her and she laughs loudly. "Alright, have fun. Go on." 

She closes the door and Calum doesn't stop laughing. "It's not funny Calum shut up!" I exclaim slapping him, he nods, trying to stifle his laughter

"So where are you taking me on this lovely date?" I joke, he chuckles. "Well, since I'm not trying to impress you, Starbucks." I nod. "Starbucks is good." I chuckle. "How long have you been living here?" He opens the door to Starbucks for me. "Thank you kind sir." I bow my head, he laughs and we stand in line.

"Around twelve years..." I purse my lips together, he looks at me impressed. "So you're Australian." I cross my arms, he nods. "Yep, and I'm Kiwi and Scottish." He chuckles. "Too many places." He groans, I laugh. "Well at least you're not from this boring place." I roll my eyes.

"Why did you choose this place anyways?" He shrugs. "Luke said he needed to come here, he had a strong feeling there was something he needed to do here, and he just decided to drag us here. We left the pack and everyt- Never mind." He gapes and turns his head. I look at him skeptically, laughing quietly. 

We arrive at the counter and order our drinks. "Pack? So what, are you like wolves or something." I laugh in a joking way, he spits out his drink. I gasp. "Calum what's wrong?!" He coughs, shaking his head. "Nothing, I'm good, and no. We're not wolves. We were friends with a lot of guys, and referred to ourselves as a pack." He chuckles, I nod, impressed that he made that up on the spot. "Ashton was the 'Alpha' since he is the oldest." He laughs, finger quoting Alpha.

"What's your name?" He changes the subject, in a rush. I laugh, raising my eyebrow at him. "Lucia, Calum you know that." I take a sip of the coffee. "No, your full name." He rolls his eyes. I nod.

"Oh uh.. don't laugh, Lucianna Elizabeth Burke." I tell him. "That's a long name, and why would I laugh. It's cool." He laughs, I roll my eyes. "Not when I have to write the full thing down, yours?"