Alaric Saltzman

"I, uh, have to go wash my hair." Lexi said, and disappeared.

"We were going to tell you..." Stefan trailed off.

"But they obviously didn't want you to insist on closing the seal just yet because they don't want anything to happen to you." Damon finished.

"Guys, nothing will happen to me." I said. "Shadow can help me and I'll be fine."

"He helped you last time and look what happened." Jeremy said.

"At least I actually helped." Shadow sneered.

"Guys." Stefan warned.

"And anyway, putting the seal back up will be a much bigger spell, even with my help." Shadow said.

"I honestly don't know why you're arguing about this," Damon said. "The vampires would already be gone by now."

"He's right." Said Pearl. "They would've dragged themselves out of there the first chance they got."

"So there's twenty-six vampires roaming around mystic falls right now?" I asked.

"Pretty much, yeah." Damon said.

"Well that's just dandy." I muttered.

No one said anything.

"I have to go to school." I said.

"You're thinking about going to school at a time like this?" Shadow asked.

"Why not?" I asked. "I have to help Caroline organise a Halloween party anyway."

Without waiting for a response, I went up stairs and got ready.

I came back downstairs.

Jeremy and Elena had brought a spare change of clothes so they were wearing different ones.

"Coming Jer?" I asked. He nodded and walked over to me.

"What about you guys?" I asked, indicating to Stefan and Elena.

"Someone has to drive you to school." Stefan said.

Jeremy and I were standing beside my locker, holding hands when Caroline came up to us.

"Hey guys, sorry to interupt but I have to talk to Marni about something." she said in a bright bubbly voice. "Oh, and Elena wants to see you." she added to Jeremy.

"Okay," Jeremy said. "I'll see you later."

He quickly kissed me on the lips and then walked away.

"Aw, you guys are soo cute!" Caroline squeeled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway," she said. "I was wondering if you wanted to have a sleep over this weekend so we can organise the party?"

"Sure." I said. I was looking forward to having something normal happen in my life.

"I was hoping we could stay at yours?" she said. "Because my Mom has to work."

"Yeah, that's fine." I said.

"Okay, well, I better let you get back to lover boy." she said, looking behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Jeremy walking towards us.

"Bye Caroline." I said.

"Bye."

"What did Caroline want?" Jeremy asked.

"Just planning for a sleepover so we can plan the Halloween party." I said.