Awkward Moments And Apologies

"Marni!" I heard a voice shout.

I looked up ahead and saw Caroline standing with Bonnie and Elena next to the lockers.

I smiled and walked up to them.

"You're back!" Caroline said cheerfully, hugging me tightly. "Oh my God I missed you!"

"You to Care," I said.

She pulled back and Bonnie smiled at me.

"So you're the one who was messing with my dreams," I said, a small smirk on my face.

"Yeah," she said guiltily. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine," I said. "I understand."

She smiled and hugged me.

"You have missed so much since you've been gone," Caroline said.

"I have?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

""You have no idea," she said. "Mrs Lockwood has been completely freaking out. She didn't know whether or not you were going to be back in time for Founder's Day, so she's been running around trying to make arrangements for a fill in to stand on the float. And because you've been away, I've had to organise all of the school events with out you! And it's just not the same. "

"Wow, I really have missed a lot," I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"You got a haircut!" Caroline said. "I love it!"

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Hey Marni, have you seen Stefan?" Elena asked.

"I left before him, so he's probably on his way," I said. "Damon has a new pet, and she was making me uncomfortable."

"Yeah, Andy," Elena said. "She's a news reporter."

"I thought she looked familiar," I said, recalling seeing her on tv.

"What do you mean by pet?" Bonnie asked.

"Well, to put it out right, he's practically using her as a bloodbag," I said flatly.

"That's horrible," she said, a frown forming on her face.

"Well, it's not like he's treating her badly or anything," I said. "He's treating her as a normal girlfriend. But he bites her now and then." I ended the sentence with a frown on my face.

"Gross," Bonnie muttered.

"Oh look, it's Stefan," I said, happy to change the subject.

He smiled when he got to us.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

"A peice of gum that someone managed to stick on the roof," I answered with out looking.

"Ew," Elena said, looking up. "Hey, there's actually a peice of gum up there. How did you know that Marni? You didn't even look up."

"It's me. I just know these things," I said. In truth, the peice of gum had been there ever since I came to this school. I had noticed it when I was talking to Elena one time.

The bell rung at that moment, and I had History.

I was one of the first kids to enter the class, so I took my usual seat at the back.

More and more students filed in, and a few said hi to me.

The moment I had been waiting for came, and Jeremy walked in the room. He looked up and saw me, surprise flashing through his eyes.  He quickly averted his gaze and sat across the room from me.