History Lesson

S.C.H.O.O.L. 

Six. Crappy. Hours. Of. Our. Lives. As some people put it. 

Almost every kid dreaded going to it. 

I know I sure do. I seriously do not do well with schools. I mean, the last one I went to, I was so bad that the princible actually begged me to leave. I found it hilarious, so did Damon. But I don't think Stefan did. And the other 10 schools before that weren't much different. It's not like I try to be bad, I just get really annoyed at how teachers demand so much respect when they've done nothing to earn it. So I end up getting bored, start an argument with a teacher (which is quite fun if you know what you're doing) and then getting expelled because I usually end up jumping out a window and causing havoc in the school. But anyway, I hate school. I have for 159 years and that not going to change. 

You're probably thinking "WTF? Did she just say 159 years? I thought she was only 14!" 

And your right, I am 14. Physically speaking. Technically I'm 159. Let me explain. 

161 years ago, when I was 12, I descovered that I was what some people would call a witch. I found out that I could control the elements. Over the next two years I mastered them. During that time, I became very good friends with Emily, a witch who was also Katherine Pierce's handmaid. She showed me how to use my powers. In that time I also became close to the Salvatore brothers. When they were turned, I decided I would show them the ropes. I wasn't a vampire or anything, but I knew the basics. At first I thought Katherine would help them, but she was burned in the church with the other 26 vampires. But then I stumbled across a problem. Stefan and Damon could live forever, but I couldn't. I went and saw Emily, and she said that she had heard of a spell that could make witches immortal. I asked her to cast it, and she did. Surprisingly, it worked. I helped the brothers, but that only took a little time. I didn't want to part with them, so I stayed with them. Damon left for a while. He was very upset about what happened to Katherine. It was like nothing I'd ever seen. He flew into a rage and started blaming Stefan for what happened. After that, he vanished. The only way that I knew that he was okay, was because he left me a letter, explaining why he left. 

A few decades later, he came back. The rage was still in him, but there was something different. He could laugh again, and not to mention making smart ass comments. I think he still blames Stefan, But I gave him a lecture about how he couldnt kill Stefan cause he was the only family he had left. And I actually think he listened. Which is very rare for Damon Salvatore. 

Suddenly my mind shot back to the present. 

"Whoa... Did I just give myself a history lesson about my own past?" I said to myself, very confused. 

I shrugged it off and got out of my bed. I sighed. Oh great, I get to go to school. I walked over to my wardrobe. I decided that I was gunna go with the Emo look for a while. Not that I'd actually cut myself, that is. I pulled out black skinnies, my black leather jacket, and some black coverses. My hair was already Emo so I didn't have to change it. I added some eyeliner, mascara and black eye-shadow for more effect. I went and looked in my mirror. 

Oh yeah, I looked bad ass. 

I grabbed my phone, wallet and iPod and walked down to the kitchen. 

"Whoa! My fashion sense really is rubbing off on you," Damon said. 

"Get over you self Damon. It's called Emo, and just cause we both like the colour black, doesn't mean I got it from you." I said. 

"Ouch! Mean much?" he said. 

"Grow up, get a life, get over it." I said. 

"Nicely said Marni." Sefan said, walking into the room. 

"Why are you guys so mean?" Damon asked. 

"We get it from you." I said. 

"Touche." Damon said. (Touche means 'your point over rules mine'- pronounced too-shay) 

I sighed. Damon was so frustrating sometimes. 

"Well, seeing how we have like an hour before we have to go to school, I'm gunna go practice my magic." 

"Have fun with making a breeze." Damon said, mockingly. 

I moved my hand and the earth surrounded the bottom half of his body. 

"I can do alot more than that and you know it." I said. Damon was glaring at me furiously. 

"Let me out." Damon said. 

"Hmm I don't know, I kinda like it how you can't move." I said. 

"Marni, let him go. As much as I'm enjoying this, he'll get angry later and I really don't want to put up with it." Stefan said. 

"Fine," I sighed. I moved my hand again and the floor turned back to normal. 

Damon was mad. 

"I, uh, have to be somewhere other than here." I said and ran out. Damon didn't follow me so that was a good sign. I knew he was going to get payback though. 

There's basically one way to describe how my powers work. If any of you have seen Avatar: The Last Airbender, then thats how my powers work. In most books or movies, people only have a little control over the elements, but I have alot. No, I can't make countries shift places or anything like that, but I can create tidle waves. Not that I'd want to or anything. I guess you could say that I'm like the Avatar.  

I went outside to the backyard. 

I calmed my self and then I placed my palms together. Suddenly I shot up in the air. I couldn't fly or anything, but I could use the air to keep me up, so it was like flying. I shot into the forest behind the house and flipped from tree to tree, feeling like an acrobat. A little while later I checked the time. 

"Crap!" I muttered and ran back to the house, using the air to propel me faster. 

It was time for school.