The Risk Of Sounding Jealous

I walked up the front steps of the Gilbert house, and just as I was about to knock, the door opened and I almost ran into Elena and Stefan.

"Oh hey Marni," Elena said.

"Hey," I said. "Jeremy home?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs."

"Thanks," I said.

I went to walk past them, but Stefan grabbed my arm.

"What's that on your neck?" he asked, brushing my hair away from my neck.

I rubbed my hand against where he was looking at and flecks of red came off on my hand.

"Dammit!" I muttered. "I thought I cleaned it all up."

"What happened?" Stefan asked. He and Elena looked at me expectantly.

I sighed.

"Long story short, there was a mystery vampire running around town killing people, I was walking in the woods and then the mystery vamp decided to jump out of no where and bite me. Turns out our mystery vamp is actually a vampire from the tomb, who I killed by the way, and some how she came back to life. Elijah came in and saved the day, and is now looking for Natalie, the tomb vampire. And to top it all off, I found out why knocking was invented," I said, smiling proudly at the last part.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked.

"I'm fine now," I said.

"Wait, since when was there vampire attacks?" Stefan asked.

"Since a couple of weeks ago," I said.

"How long have you known about this?" he asked.

"A few hours, give or take," I said. "Honestly, if you want the full story, go and ask Damon. I can't be bothered explaining it all."

It was true. I was tired and all I wanted to do was talk to Jeremy.

"I'll see you guys later," I said.

I turned and walked in, closing the door behind me.

As I walked up the stairs, I wondered if I should tell Jeremy about what happened today. Why had that Natalie chick attacked me? Maybe she wanted revenge. I would if someone killed me. Had she followed me or did I just happen to stumble across her? I hope Elijah finds her. The first thing I'm going to do when I see her is throw a brick at her face. Now that would be fun. No, I corrected myself. The first thing I'm going to do when I see her find out how the hell she came back to life. I was positive I killed her, I even saw her body go all veiny and everything. I probably should tell Jeremy, but he'd just start worrying about me, and I hate it when people worry about me.

I rounded the corner and came face to face with John.

"My day keeps getting better and better," I muttered sarcastically.

"You need to tell your brothers to back down," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"You know what I mean," he said.

"Look John, I'm not in the mood for this. Today has been a no good, very bad day," I said. "That and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, so you haven't noticed the missing people and the dead bodies showing up?" he asked.

Oh, I realised. He thought it was Damon and Stefan killing people.

I almost laughed at the thought of Stefan eating a human.

"What are you implying?" I asked through gritted teeth.