The Bookcase That Sniffs Potato Salad

The Mystic Grill was packed. I could hear games of pool being played, and I was enveloped in a wall of talk. Music was playing in the background, and I was reminded of Gloria's. I wasn't going to lie, I actually did miss Klaus and Rebekah. It was strange not bickering with Klaus over stupid things, or teaching Rebekah how things in the modern world worked.

I shook the nostalgia off and smiled, walking into the crowd. Besides the Bonfire on the first day of school, I hadn't really been anywhere other than school and home. I just couldn't be bothered. A few heads turned, obviously curious about the missing Salvatore that had returned. A few people at school had asked where I'd been, and I replied by saying I visited family. I knew some didn't buy it, but I didn't care.

I was a bit hesitant on seeing Jeremy. Last time I saw him, we'd gotten into a bit of an arguement, all thanks to Vicki. I wondered if they were still together. I spotted him after about five minutes, standing by one of the pool tables. He didn't see me, because he was looking at his phone.

"Hey stranger," I smiled, interrupting his thoughts. He looked up and his eyes widened.

"So you are back," he breathed.

"Nope, I'm a halluccination," I shrugged. "I'm not real."

He grinned and I was pulled into a hug.

Jeremy and I spent a good two hours catching up. I'd filled him in on what I'd been up to, and he told me what he was doing with his life.

"So you and Vicki broke up huh?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied. "It was for the best."

"Damn straight. She's a cow," I announced.

He raised his eyebrows.

"What? She is. I never liked her," I stated.

"I can tell," Jeremy nodded. "I still can't believe Klaus daggered Elijah."

"I know! I'm so angry about that," I muttered.

"Why didn't you undagger him?"

"And face the wrath of Klaus? No thanks," I scoffed. "And besides, the only way I found those coffins was by following Klaus. And he knew I was following him the whole time, he was just curious as to why I was doing it."

"Isn't Rebekah angry?"

"She knew Elijah had it coming," I shrugged. "From what I've learnt, Rebekah is closer to Klaus than any of her other siblings."

"All of which are dead now."

"Technically, they're only temporarily dead," I pointed out.

"What will Klaus do if he finds out the moonstone hasn't been destroyed?" Jeremy asked.

I hesitated. "I don't know. But what ever it is, it won't be pretty. That is why it is crucial you don't tell anyone about it. Not even Jenna. For all we know, Jenna's a secret agent working for Klaus."

He gave me a doubtful look.

"Could happen," I defended.

"I'm sure it could."

"You have no faith," I claimed.

"I'll believe it when I see it," he stated. "But anyway, I knew Shadow had a connection to Elijah, but how does his brother know Klaus?"

"That, is a long story," A familiar voice said. I glanced over to see Shadow sliding into the booth next to me. I didn't miss the uneasy look that passed between him and Jeremy. He flashed me a grin. "How's the ankle?"