Surprise Party

I felt a grin spread on my face.

A surprise party. I should have expected this, it was so predictable, but I didn't, and I was honestly surprised.

Jeremy, Shadow, Lexi, Anna, Stefan and Elena were all standing around the room with big smiles on their faces. They had done a good job on the decorations. There was purple, silver and black balloons and streamers around the room, and a table with presents and another table with food on it. 

"And here I thought you guys hated me." I said.

Stefan laughed. "None of us hate you."

"Speak for yourself." Damon muttered.

I punched his shoulder and glared at him.

"Kidding!" he said.

"Presents!" Elena yelled.

I laughed as she dragged me over to the present table.

"Open mine first!" she squealed. She handed, well shoved, a small white box to me. I opened it and gasped. Inside there was a gold necklace with an amethyst on it that had small diamonds surrounding it and a matching pair of earings.

"They're beautiful!" I said. I looked up to Elena. "Thank you so much!"

"You like them?" she asked.

"I love them." I said and gave her a hug.

I got another present handed to me, which was from stefan. It was big, so I put it on the table to unwrap it. It was an Xbox 360 kinnect.

"Yes! Now I can kick Jeremy's ass on live!" I said.

"Doubt it." Jeremy muttered.

"I take it that you like it?" Stefan asked.

"Muchly." I said.

"Mine next!" Lexi yelled.

She handed me a weird shaped present. It was a black fedora hat.

"I've always wanted one of these." I said.

"That's not all I got you silly." she said.

"What else is there?" I asked.

"In the very near future," she said. "We are going shopping in New York!"

"Yay!" I said. "I love New York." 

Shadow was holding out a small box to me. There was a blue crystal inside.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's a healing crystal." he said. "It can't bring back people from the dead, but it helps with injuries."

"Thank you." I said. I was happy that Stefan was hiding his dislike for Shadow on my birthday.

Jeremy's present was bigger than Stefans. It was a stereo with speakers that went really loud.

"You know me so well." I said, giving him a hug. Was it just me that noticed Shadow's expression got darker when I did that?

"Well, your always complaining how you wished you had speakers like mine, so I got you some." Jeremy said.

Anna had given me a new phone, which I was thankful for, considering I needed one because I lost mine at the beach.

"I don't suppose you got me a present as well?" I asked Damon.

"Of course I got you a present." he said, handing me a present. It was really heavy.

I opened it and just stared. It was a rock. There was nothing special about the rock, it was just a plain rock that you find in the garden.