Crystals

We entered the bar and a dark skinned woman with dark hair looked at us from behind the bar. 

"Damon?" she asked, "Damon Salvatore?" 

"Bree, it's been a while." Damon said. 

Bree slid over the bar and walked towards Damon and embraced him in a hug. 

"Lexi! Girl how long's it been?" she asked, pulling away from Damon and hugging Lexi. 

"Too long." Lexi said. 

"And you must be Marni." Bree said, "Damon used to talk about you all the time." 

"Is that so?" I asked. I looked at Damon but he merely shrugged. 

"He also tells me you're a witch." she said. 

"Yes, I am." I said. It was weird talking to someone other than Damon, Stefan or Lexi about being a witch. 

"What do you specialize in, if you don't mind me asking?" she asked. 

"I can control the elements." 

"Really? I specialize in crystals." Bree said. 

"Crystals?" I asked. I'd heard about witch's using them for protection, but never specializing in them. 

"My mother used to use them for protection, but I went a little further than that. I could use the crystals energy." she explained. 

"Could you show me?" I asked eagerly. 

"Sure. Come through to the back room. We don't want people discovering our secret now do we?" 

We followed Bree to the back and Lexi winked at me out of the corner of her eye and I smiled. I was really glad that she was here. Damon, however, looked bored. Bree led us into a back room with an alter with candles and potion ingredients, a huge bookcase filled with old looking books and a pedestal with a large, leather bound book on it. Her grimoire, I was guessing. 

"Have a seat." she said, motioning down to the cusions near the alter. She walked over to a corner of the room to grab something. Me and Lexi made ourselves comfortable but Damon went and leaned against the wall. 

Bree returned with a chest that had engravings on it. She opened it and pulled out a variety of crystals. There were blue ones, purple ones, green ones, red ones, orange and yellow ones, and a single black one. 

"This is a firebolt crystal." she said, picking up a dark red one. "It is rare and very powerful." 

Bree went on for about an hour, explaining which crystals were which, and what they did. 

When she finished, I asked her if she could demonstrate. 

"I guess so." she said. 

She stood up and picked the firebolt crystal up in her right hand. I stood up too, not wanting to miss anything. 

Bree closed her eyes and stood still. At first nothing happened, but then her right hand started to glow red. Her eyes snapped open and her right arm shot out, pointing at and old cabinant with nothing in it. It exploded and pieces of cabinant flew every where. I stuck my hand out and created a shield of air to protect me. Lexi jumped behind the bookshelf and Damon stood behind me, my shield protecting him to. When it all stopped flying around I put my arm down and looked at Bree. 

"Sorry about that." she said. 

"That was awesome." I said. 

"Yes, because almost getting lacerated with metal is awesome." Damon said sarcastically. 

"Oh, get a life Damon." Lexi said coming out from the bookcase. "It was awesome and you know it." 

The room was a mess. There were pieces of metal everywhere. 

Bree muttered something and the pieces of metal flew together and the cabinant was rebuilt. 

"Is there any chance that I could use crystals?"I asked. 

"I don't see why not." Bree said. She handed me a frost crystal. "Start with this one. Hang on I'll get some water." 

"I got it." I said. There was an empty glass on a small table near the door. I motioned my hand and the glass flew into my hand. I put it on the alter and motioned my hand again and the glass filled with water. 

"Okay, so now what do I do?" I asked. 

"Okay. Focus all you energy on the crystal. Let it's energy flow with you." 

"Sounds kinda cheesy." I muttered. Lexi snorted form beside me. 

I focused my energy and will the water to freeze. It worked. The water turned solid. 

"I did it!" I shouted. 

"Congratulations" Bree said. 

"Its a shame that I don't have any crystals of my own to practice with." I sighed. 

"I think I can do something about that." Bree said. She picked up a small yellow crystal. "This is a multiplyer crystal. It multiplies almost everything. Watch." She hels out the crystal above the others and an identicle chest and crystals appeared beside them. 

"Sweet." I breathed. 

I noticed that Bree hadn't said anything about the black crystal. 

"Hey Bree, what is that black crystal?" I asked. 

Her expression darkened. 

"That's a Necromany crystal." she said. 

"What's that?" 

"Its a crystal of death." she said. 

"Finally, something I'm interested in." Damon said. 

I didn't hear him though, I was still stuck on the part about the crystal of death.