Mating With Butterflies

Before I could blink, Klaus was infront of Elijah, grabbing him and throwing him across the room. Elijah was up in a second and the two moved as a blur towards each other. Elijah lashed out with a punch that slammed Klaus into the wall, and he countered with a kick to Elijah's chest that sent him crashing through the coffee table. I dodged out of the way, hesitant whether or not I should break it up. These were Originals, and I didn't know if they should just get it out of their system, or that they might go so far as to kill the other.

So I did what any normal person would do. And by normal person, I mean one that has no sanity.

"LOOK!" I screamed. "THAT BUTTERFLY'S MATING WITH A POTATO!"

This got their attention. The two Originals paused and stared at me.

I gave them a sheepish smile.

"Uh... my mistake, it was just a speck of dust," I said.

Klaus turned back to Elijah and went to lunge, but I thrusted my hand out. He was stopped by an invisible wall. He guessed immediately what happened, and glared at me.

"Not funny Marni," he growled.

I shrugged. Elijah brushed the debris from the coffee table off his shoulders and held a casual yet alert stance.

"Fighting won't help anyone," I said. I paused. "Did I really just say that?"

"I think you'll find in this situation that it will," Klaus said.

"It always results to violence with you, doesn't it brother?" Elijah asked.

Klaus fixed his glare on him.

"Only for some things," he spat. "Like this for instance."

I was reminded of the familiar sight of Damon and Stefan fighting.

"And every other time one of your siblings annoyed you," Elijah said. "I know you didn't bury their bodies at sea."

"Well, good for you," Klaus said. "But good luck finding them."

Elijah shrugged. "Just imagine how happy Rebekah will be when she awakens."

I hoped Klaus wouldn't be angry at me for telling Elijah about Rebekah.

"She'll forgive me," Klaus said. "She always did like me better than you anyway."

"I'm not quite sure that Kol and Finn will be so forgiving," Elijah said.

"Well, lucky for me they won't be waking up anytime soon," Klaus smirked.

Elijah glared in response.

"What are you doing here?" Klaus asked. "You're not stupid, therefore you should know that I have every intention of killing you right now."

"I heard you were up to something," Elijah said. "I got curious."

"Have fun figuring that out," Klaus said.

"Oh I already know what it is that you are doing," Elijah said with the ghost of a smirk on his face. "You see, I know a witch, Ember, I think her name is? And she happened to know some useful information."

"Witches these days," Klaus said. "They never keep their mouths shut."

"Hey!" I complained with a frown.

"I didn't come here to fight Niklaus," Elijah said.

"Really?" Klaus asked. "Because it sure does look like it."

"I came here to ask for forgiveness," Elijah said.

My jaw dropped.

"Say what?" I asked.