Elena Gilbert

"Yeah, and I'm Charlie the Unicorn. Nice try." Damon said, not taking me seriously. 

"No, I'm serious! I was at the Mystic Grill texting you and I looked up and she was there! As soon as I saw her I grabbed my stuff and ran here." I said. 

"Look, your probably imagining things. Katherine is dead. I, of all people, should know that." he said with a sad look in his eyes. 

"Damon, it wasn't my imagination. I know what I saw, and what I saw was Katherine. Go and have a look for yourself!" I was getting angry now. I know I saw Katherine, and he's completely dismissing the idea that she could still be alive. 

At that moment, Stefan walked in. 

"What are you guys arguing about?" he asked, looking between me and Damon. 

"Marni here, thinks she saw our long dead ex-girlfriend, Katherine." Damon said. 

"I don't think I saw, I know I saw!" I said, glaring at Damon. 

"Marni, you didn't see Katherine." Stefan said. I was about to argue, but he cut me off. "But you did see someone that looks exactly like Katherine." 

"Wait, what?" I said, really confused. I looked over at Damon and he had a puzzled expression too. 

"When I was at school today, I saw her. I thought I had gone crazy, I mean Katherine's dead! But when I got close to her I could hear her heartbeat. Her name is Elena Gilbert. She has a little brother called Jeremy, who has wittenessed her growing up. It was Elena you saw at the Grill, not Katherine." 

"Well how do we know it's not Katherine pretending to be someone else?" I asked. 

"Because a) she is human b) Jeremy has wittenessed her grow up and c) I can compel her." he said. 

"Wow, and here I thought St. Stefan was good and didn't compel people." Damon said with a smirk on his face. " And what if this so called Elena pretended to be compelled and is actually Katherine?" 

"Because if Katherine was back, she'd let us know." Stefan said. 

"Well, I'm going to go check this Elena chick out, see if she really is who she says she is." Damon said. 

"I'm coming too." I said. Damon and I walked out the door and left Stefan standing there. 

We made our way over to the garage and walked inside. 

I absolutely loved Damon's car. It was exactly like the Camaro out of Transformers but black. Every where we went in it, people would stare. 

I got in the passenger side and waited for Damon to start the car. 

"Do you know where she lives?" I asked. 

"No." 

"Then, uh, how are we going to find her?" I asked. 

"Well, considering that it's been about 10 minutes since you saw her at the Grill, I'm hoping that she might still be there." 

"Oh, okay." 

As I expected, there was alot of stares. And when we pulled up at the Grill, there was even more. 

I kind of felt like a celebrity when I hopped out of the Camaro. Not that the people were staring at me or anything, it's just that there was alot of people that were staring in our direction. Damon and I walked inside and scanned the Grill, looking for this Elena girl. 

"Found her." I said. Elena was over at the bar, talking to a girl with blonde hair. 

"Okay, you go sit down and I'm going to go order drinks. I will then ask her, well actually compel her, if her name is Katherine Peirce." Damon said. 

"Okay, but you better order me a lemonade." 

"Fine, now go." 

I walked over to a table that was far away from Elena, but close enough so I could observe her reactions. 

Damon walked up to her and it looked like they were chatting. Suddenly a very blank expression crossed Elena's face. I pressumed that Damon was asking her if she was Katherine. Elena said something but I couldn't hear. I looked around for the girl she had been talking to see if she had noticed anything, but she was now talking to some guy. I saw Damon turn away from Elena and order something at the bar. A confused expression came over Elena's face, but then she shrugged it off and walked over to the blonde girl. Damon got up from the bar with two drinks in his hands and made his way over to me. He handed me the drink and sat down next to me. 

"Thanks. Did you get anything?" I asked. 

"She's not Katherine." he said. 

"How do you know?" 

"She's obviously not pretending to be compelled. And she's got a different scent to Katherine, and it's virtually impossible for a vampire to become human again." he said. 

"Okay." I replied simply. Well there goes my excitement for the day. We finished our drinks and left the Grill. 

"I wonder why she loo-" I started but cut off when I walked outside to find about twenty people surounding Damons car. I cracked up laughing when I turned and saw Damons face. Maybe today wouldn't be as bad as I thought.