The Kiss

Jeremy's lips were soft and warm. Kissing him felt... Nice.

The kiss seemed to go on for ages. It wasn't like in any of those romance books how time stopped or anything like that, but it did seem to go on for a while. I felt Jeremy's arms go around my waist and pull me closer.

"Hey guys what-"

I pulled back from Jeremy and sharply turned my head to where the voice came from. Damon was standing a couple of meters away from us and had paused. He looked back and forth between me and Jeremy.

"Whoops," he said, sounding half drunk. "Uh, my bad."

He paused for a second. "Awkward.." he muttered.

He stood there for a while and then jumped a little.

"Oh, right." he said. "This is one of those moments where I'm meant to go away, isn't it?"

I nodded my head.

"I'm not drunk enough for this anyway." he said and walked back inside.

I coughed and looked down.

Trust Damon to ruin a moment like this.

"So." I said.

"Look, I'm sorry-" Jeremy began.

"Don't be." I said.

"So your not sorry that we kissed?" he asked.

"Are you?"

"No." he said.

"Then neither am I." I smiled.

"Does Damon always walk in at the wrong time?" Jeremy laughed.

"Yes, yes he does." I said.

"Come on, let's go back inside," Jeremy said. "People will be wondering where the birthday girl is."

We walked inside to find Damon doing the moon walk.

"Oh lord," I muttered.

"I bet none of you can beat that." Damon said.

"Your on." I smirked.

"Okay then." he said.

I don't think that he remembered that I've been able to do the moon walk since Michael Jackson himself did it. May he rest in peace.

And I pulled it off flawlessly.

"That's what I thought." I said.

"Congratulations." Damon said in my ear.

"Thank you." I said.

"Tell me something." he said. "Are you and Jeremy serious?"

"Not here!" I hissed. I grabbed Damons arm and dragged him into the kitchen.

"Well, are you?" he asked.

I sighed and pulled myself up onto the kitchen bench.

"I don't know. I mean, we only kissed once, and it's only been like ten minutes since it happened so I have know idea what's going to happen." I said. "Why do you want to know anyway?"

"So I can do the whole big brother thing and threaten him and say 'If you hurt her I swear to god I'll cut off your-'"

"Okay, I get it!" I said, putting my hands up. "But you do realise that we're not actually related right?"

"Of course I do, but I'm the closest thing you've got to a big brother." he said.

"What about Stefan?" I asked.