Jumping Out Windows

I saw the ground rushing towards me and felt the wind whipping my hair around.

I knew it would be weird if I just randomly appeared on the side walk, so I spun in mid air and stuck my hands and feetout to brace them on the wall. I used the air to slow me down to a stop and used the earth in the building to latch on to my hands and feet so I wouldn't fall. I looked around and saw a metal pole connecting to another part of the hospital a little far away, a pole that I could use to swing into the alley. I ran along the wall, praying nobody would look up andI leaped and grabbed it, swinging off andusing the air to soften my landing in the alley.

Damn it, I wish I hadn't of lost my warp crystal that night.

Crystal, of coarse! Why didn't I think of them earlier. I had gotten Lexi to stash a few crystals in my bag, incase of emergancy or if I got bored. I carefully crouched down, so not to hurt my stomach, and opened my bag.

There was a frost crystal, shield crystal, the firebolt, levitation crystal, and finally, I found a speed crystal. It makes things go as fast as the speed of light.

"Yes!" I said. I put everything back in my bag but kept the speed crystal in my hand.

I swung the bag over my shoulder and carefully stood up. I closed my eyes and held on tightly to the crystal. I felt some kind of energy flow through me and opened my eyes.

Time to try it out. The alley I was in was about twenty meters long.

I didn't even think about starting to run. I just wanted to get to the other side of the alley, and bam, I was there.

"So this is what it's like running like a vampire." I muttered to myself.

I laughed bitterlyand started running home.

I stormed through the front door slamming it behind me.

I walked past the living room deathglaring nothing inparticular.

"Hey Marni, I didn't think you'd be out of- Whoa, what happened?" Lexi asked, hopping up from an arm chair, her voice turning serious.

"You want to know what happened? Damon happened, that's what." I muttered bitterly.

"What did he do this time?" she asked.

"You know, after all this time, I thought he'd be over Katherine? But no! It's still all about her."

"Marni, what are you talking about?" she asked, confused. "Katherine's dead."

"Apparently she's not."

"What?" she said, dead serious.

"Apparently her and the other vampires that 'died' that night weren't burned in the church, they were in a secret tomb under the church." I said acting sarcasticly happy.

Before she could respond, I started again.

"Oh, and that's not the worst part. He's found a way to open the tomb and set them all free."

"He can't do that." she said.

"I know, I told him that, and you know what he said? He said 'It doesn't matter, as long as I get Katherine back.'" I said.

"I'm going to find Stefan." Lexi said.

"Okay. Oh if you see Damon, could you tell him that I say get stuffed?" I asked.

"Sure." she said, and then she was gone.

I was still for a moment, then I punched the wall as hard as I could.

"Stupid, arrogant,idiot bastard!" I screamed, as if Damon was standing right infront of me.

"Whoa, what did I do wrong?" I heard a voice from behind me.