This Coffee Is Not For You

I was very rudely woken up in the morning by Shadow, who had ripped my blanket off me.

"What kind of sick person are you!" I cried, pulling myself up into sitting position.

"Get up, you have school," he said. He held up a cup that had steam rising from it. "I made coffee."

He took a drink of it.

"Hey!" I complained. "That's mine!"

"I said I made coffee, I never said I made you coffee," he smirked.

"I hate you," I glared.

"You love me," he said. I kept glaring at me and he sighed. "Fine! You can have the coffee." He handed me the cup and I drank from it longingly, knowing coffee was the only thing keeping me alive right now.

"I still hate you," I said. "You woke me up."

"If I drive you to school will you forgive me?" he asked.

"Mayb- wait, you have a car?" I asked, giving him an incredulous look.

"Of course I do," he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You mean, I've been walking to school all this time, when I could've just borrowed your car?" I asked, my eye having the urge to twitch.

He thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, pretty much."

"Dick," I muttered.

"Do you want a ride or what?" he asked.

I said yes and pushed him out of my room so I could get ready.

Shadow's car was a black 1969 Dodge Charger. It was amazing. It had been one of my favorite cars since it came out.

"I can't believe you never told me about this," I said as we drove to the school. "It's magnificent."

Shadow glanced at me, raising an eyebrow. "You like cars?"

"Are you kidding? I love cars!" I said. "The old classic's like these are so much better than the ones they have these days."

"I completely agree," he said. "Sure, some of the new ones are good, but they're just not the same."

We reached the school, and heads turned at the car. Mainly guys, but there were some girls trying to see the driver. Shadow put on one of his best smiles and I laughed at him.

"You're really trying to impress these girls?" I grinned.

"Well, it's not my fault they're extremely attracted to my stunning good looks," he smirked.

"You're so up yourself," I laughed.

"I'm just being honest."

He pulled up and I opened my door.

"I'll see you later," I said.

He nodded and gave me a smile. "If anyone asks, I'm your insanely hot new boyfriend."

"No, I'll tell them that you're my stalker," I said. "Which is partly true."

He laughed. "Bye Marni."

I smiled in return and got out. As I expected, I heard girls murmuring about whether that was my new boyfriend and who he was. I wasn't surprised. Because it was a small town, high school girls craved gossip.

"Hey Marni," a voice said from beside me. I jumped, snapping my head to the side to find Tyler standing there, smiling apologetically. I had spoken to him a while ago, and we had sorted all the awkward things out.