Book of Crystals

After we got home I went straight up to bed. I could hear Damon, Lexi and Stefan talking about what happened. 

I also heard Stefan yell a lot when Damon told him about the guy.  

Why did this have to happen to me now? I have enough drama in my life as it is. 

For an hour I tried to sleep. An hour I spent failing. 

I stood up and went to my bookshelf. I paused when I noticed the crystal chest lying on the floor. 

"Couldn't hurt." I muttered. 

I picked up the chest and brought it to my bed. I opened it up and peered inside. At the top there was an old leather bound book that looked a bit like a diary. 

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. I don't remember putting this in here. I picked it up and opened it up to the first page.

'To Marni, 

I thought you might like this as a guide to using crystals. I have written down everything I know about crystals and I am giving it to you, seeing how you are only just starting to use them. It tells about what crystals do, which crystals go together and the histories they hold. 

Use this knowledge wisely. 

Bree.'

I smiled. This would be a great help with my learning. 

I was flicking through the book when I stopped at levitation. Eager to try it, I grabbed the two crystals need. 

In my right hand I held a blue crystal, in the other I held a green one. 

I concentrated and suddenly my hands glowed. I lifted off the ground and I laughed in amazement. 

Controling it was easy. It was like my mind was controlling it. 

Laughing, I flew over to the door and opened it. 

I flew downstairs and almost ran into Damon. 

"Um... Did I miss something?" he asked. 

"Crystals." I said. 

"Okay... Well go to sleep, you have school tomorrow and it's almost 3 in the morning." he said. 

"Fine!" I said flying upstairs. I snuggled into bed, very happy about what I achieved today.

"Marni, wake up." I heard Damon say. I don't know why he's saying that, obviously I'm awake. He can even ask the dancing bunnies in tutu's surounding us. 

"Wake up!" I felt a hand shake me and I snapped out of my dream. 

I saw Damon and started laughing. 

"What's so funny?" he asked. 

"Dancing bunnies in tutu's." I said. 

"Righto..." 

I dragged myself out of bed and got ready. 

Today I was wearing black skinnies with a light grey shirt and my leather jacket with black ballet flats. I also wore a black and dark grey striped slouchy beanie.

I walked downstairs to find everyone drinking coffee. 

"Morning." Lexi said. 

"Coffee." I replied. I poured myself some coffee. 

"Marni about last night -" Stefan started. 

"Not now, Stefan." I interrupted. "I have not had enough coffee to have this conversation." 

I checked the time on my phone. 

"Crap, we're gunna be late." I said. 

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door after saying goodbye to Lexi and Damon, with Stefan right behind me.

School dragged on and on with teachers droning on about stuff I'd learnt over and over. 

Jeremy caught up with me after class and we started talking. 

"Hey Marni, there's gunna be a massive soccer game down at the oval. Interested?" he asked. 

I felt a smile come across my face. "Soccer?" I asked. 

"Yeah. You should come play, it'll be fun." 

"I'd love to." I said. I kicked ass at soccer. It was my favourite sport. 

"Great!" he said. "I'll meet you down there." After that he walked away. 

This was going to be so fun.