Shadow

As it was, Jeremy loved the Camero.

And better yet, there was a lot of stares as we arived at the Lockwood's.

As we walked up to the front door, a lot of people were staring at me.

"Everybody's staring at me." I whispered to Jeremy.

"Because you look beautiful." he said.

"No, I think I might have a spot on my face."

He laughed. The stares shifted to someone else.

Damon.

Damon was wearing black suit pants and a black collared shirt. His hair was stylishly messy and he had a brilliant smile on his face.

He caught up to me and matched his pace with mine.

"I'm surprised you haven't been attacked yet." I muttered.

"Well, my effect on people does make them do strange things." he said.

I shook my head and laughed.

Me and Jeremy made our way inside and found Elena and Stefan standing at a table with artifacts from 1864 on it.

"Hey guys."

"Marni, hey." Elena said. "Are you okay? I got a little worried about what happened."

Stefan looked like he was going to say something, but I cut him off.

"No, it's fine." I told him. I turned to Elena. "My parent's died when I was 13, and sometimes I have flashbacks about the accident, and they scare me."

It was true, they did die when I was 13.  They had been accused of being vampires, so they were killed. And I did have flashbacks sometimes. The last one I had was about 2 months ago.

"I'm so sorry Marni, I shouldn't have brought it up." Elena said.

"No, it's fine, really." I said, feeling bad for making her feel bad. Well I couldn't tell her the truth, so I used a story that was true, just not at that time.

"Hey, does that say Damon and Stefan Salvatore?" Jeremy asked. He was looking at the first invitation list for the first founders party.

"The original Salvatore borthers." Damon said, walking up behind us.

"Elena, Stefan." he said, nodding to them.

"Hi Damon." Elenea said while Stefan nodded back.

"Well, I'm going to go get a drink." I said.

"Wait, aren't you to young to drink?" Elena said.

"Yeah, but nobody here will notice." I said.

"Good point.she said and I made my way over to the refreshment table and left the others there to bond. As I was about to take a drink, a hand grabbed mine.

"You shouldn't be drinking that." I looked up to see the guy from the mirror staring back at me.

"Who are you?" I asked. For some reason, I wasn't scared like I was with the mirror, I think that that was just shock. But now, I was annoyed. Who was this guy to come into my life and freak me out.

"Me? I'm Shadow." he said.

"Figures." I muttered.

"Hmm?"

"Well, a tall, dark, mysterious, creepy guy like you would obviously have a name like that." I said.

He flashed a brilliant smile, that was gone as soon at it appeared.

He had dark hair, that came down just above his shoulders, and a side fringe. His skin was pale and he had silver eyes.

"So, anyway, why are you stalking me?" I asked.

"What makes you think I'm stalking you?" he asked.

"Oh, I don't know, the fact that you were staring at me and I saw you in one of my visions and that I saw you in a mirror today?" I said.

"Oh," he said, frowning. "That would make you think I'm stalking you."

He flashed that brilliant smile again.

"And what the hell does that mean?" I demanded. "'The more you use it the worse it will get?'"

"It means exactly what it sounds like." he said.

"Wait, what?" I said.

"Marni!" I looked through the crowd and found Jeremy coming my way.

When I turned back, Shadow was gone.

"Hey, Marni, what's taking so long?" Jeremy asked.

"Hmm? Nothing, I just got destracted." I said, grabbing a glass of champagne.

I was goint to need it after what just hapened.