Shock News

I was able to getout of the hospital ina few days, which I was really happy about. The docter said to take it easy and rest for a few days, and try not to make any sudden jerks, because it could rip the stitches.

I had always imagined what it would be like getting stabbed in the stomach, I didn't think it would be as painful as it really is.

Jeremy came to visit everyday. He said he get's bored at home, and there's nothing else to do. Lexi came and visited, wishing me to get well. Stefan and Elena come by everday around 4. Damon usually lounges around the room because he has nothing better to do.

At the moment I was making things float with my powers. I had taken a few pebbles out of a little pot plant on my bedside table and laid them on my bed. I was making them all twirl around in one circular motion.

"Show off." I heard Damon mutter. He was lounging in a chair reading a book.

"I'm not showing off, I'm practicing. Big difference." I said.

"That's what they all say." he mumbled under his breath.

"Shut up." I flicked my hand and one of the pebbles shot over and hit him.

He death glared me. After a second he shrugged and went back to reading.

Hang on, that's not right. Damon usually does or says something.

"What's with you lately Damon? Your not a hateful as you usually are." I said, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Hmm?" he said, looking up fromhis book.

"You've been a lot less hateful since the founders party." I stated.

"Well, let's just say that I found something that I've been looking for, for a very long time, and that made me happy." he said.

"I thought you'd be sad or angry because it was mainly about 1864 and that's when Katherine died in." I mumbled looking down, hoping he didn't get upset about the mention of Katherine.

"Or did she?" he mumbled.

I raised one of my eyebrows, considering if he was crazy or not.

"Damon, she's gone. She was burned in the church with all the other vampires." I explained gently, concentrating on floating pebbles again.

"None of the vampires actually died that night Marni." he said.

The pebbles dropped and my head snapped up. "What?" I said sharply.

"There's a tomb underneath the church. All the vampires were put in there and a spell was cast on it, so they couldn't get out."

"And you didn't tell me this why?" I hissed.

"You would've told Stefan and he wouldn't have let me get what I needed to get Katherine back." he said.

"Damon, you can't let the vampires out. They'll kill a lot of people, and then you will be exposed." I said, looking at him incrediously.

"It doesn't matter if I can get Katherine back." he said.

"How are you even going to get her out? The spell was cast by a witch, so how are you going to undo it?" I asked.

"With this." he pulled out a necklace with a big yellow crystal.

"You're unbelievable!" I hissed, "You can't do this Damon. Do you know how many people you will kill? 27 starved vampires running around town is not going to end well."

"It doesn't matter." he said again.

"What if I'm one of the people to get killed?" I asked.

"That won't happen." he said, his face growing dark.

"How do you know?"

"Because I will protect you." he said.

"You can't do this." I said.

"This is my only chance to get her back Marni!" he said, his voice raised. "I have gone a hundred and forty five years with out her, Stefan doesn't need her, he has Elena. She is the only thing I care about."

"Great to know I mean that much to you Damon." I said. I got off the hospital bed and walked over to the little closet. I pulled out a pair of skinnies that someone had thankfully brought for me, and a shirt. I walked into the bathroom.

"Marni-" Damon started, but I slammed the bathroom door, cutting off his words.

I got dressed in a rage. After all these years, it was still only Katherine. I had began to think that he was finally over her and then all this time he was planning on getting her back. I was hurt over the fact that he said she was the only thinghe cared about, but I was too angry at Damon to get to upset about it.

I opened the door and grabbed my bag.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"Home." I said coldly. I dropped my phone and bent over to pick it up. I hissed in pain as I put pressure on my wound.

I stood up and pulled the air instead, making the phone come to me.

"There not going to let you out the front door you know." he said, watching me walk to the door.

I glared at him and turned around.

"Marni, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to here it Damon, just leave me alone."

I walked to the window and opened it. I peered down to see how high I was up. It was only about a 40 meter drop.

"Marni, don't even think about it." Damon said.

With out listening to him, I climbed up onto the window sill and jumped.