The Chocolate That Eats Stockings

I woke to the sound of voices. Opening my eyes, I discovered that I was lying on a couch of some sort. The room I was in had red walls, and the floor was made of dark wood. I was the only one in here, but I could hear people talking in the next room. I frowned, not knowing where I was. What had happened? I remember being at Emma's and then... Oh yeah. I got kidnapped and almost killed three Originals. Good times.

I stood up and a throbbing pain in my head made its self known. Stretching, I made my way to the door and opened it. I entered into the familiar surroundings of Gloria's bar. Klaus and Gloria were in the midst of a conversation, and both looked up when I walked in.

"Ah, sleeping beauty awakes," Klaus grinned.

"Where's Elijah and Rebekah?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Rebekah's probably draining the blood of some sad, lonely bastard, and Elijah-" Klaus cut of and tilted his head. "Elijah is about to walk through the door."

As if on cue, the Original with the coolest hair ever walked in. He looked at me and nodded.

"So she finally woke up then?" he asked.

"About two minutes ago," Klaus replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "How long have I been out?"

"Two days, give or take," Klaus shrugged.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Two days?"

"The spell you did took a lot out of you," Elijah said. "You used a lot of magic."

"Oh yeah," I murmured. "Sorry about that."

"Oh come on love," Klaus smirked. "Don't beat yourself up about it."

I was about to reply, but the door opened and Rebekah stormed into the room.

"Men these days!" she complained with disgust. "They have no respect what so ever! What happened to manners?"

"Well, most men are arrogant asses these days," I commented. I looked at Klaus. "Not mentioning any names."

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm starting to see that," Rebekah muttered. "I wish for the old days when men were chivalrous."

I smiled slightly as I remembered the first time I'd met Damon and Stefan. Stefan had been a bit shy, yet polite, and Damon had managed to get me under his charm within five minutes. I sighed sadly as nostalgia filled me. I missed them terribly.

"Marni?"

"Huh?" I snapped my head up and looked at Elijah, who had said my name.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine," I reassured him. "Just distracted, that's all." I looked at Klaus. "I forgot to ask, did you find that necklace?"

"No," Gloria answered. "I couldn't get a hit on it. And the fact that I don't have a connection to it doesn't help."

"Use me," Rebekah said suddenly.

Klaus and I raised eyebrows in unison.

"Well, I only wore the thing for a thousand years," she stated.

I thought about it for a moment.

"She has a point," I shrugged.

"Let's give it a try," Gloria sighed.

Rebekah walked over to the bar and pulled herself up, next to where Gloria was sitting on a stool. Gloria grabbed her hand and closed her eyes, focussing. I walked over to a table and pulled up a chair beside Klaus, watching with curiosity.