Toothbrushes, Puppets and Haircuts

For the next three or so weeks I relaxed, not having a care in the world. The others couldn't contact me through my dreams even if they wanted too. I had cast a spell to black them out.

For the last week, I had stayed indoors. It had been raining, and those books were calling to me. Today, I decided to go outside.

I pulled on some clothes, apparently it's illegal not to wear them in public these days... idiotic people.

My fringe kept falling in my eyes, and eventualy I stood there glaring at it.

"Do you really want to do this?" I threatened. "Don't make me get the scissors."

My straight fringe had long since grown out, so I had settled with flipping to the side and creating a side fringe. But now it was being annoying. I missed my sraight fringe.

That's it. I'm getting a haircut.

I cheerfully walked down the street, and by cheerfully, I mean giving people creepy pedophile grins. They all looked at me strangely. I can't imagine why though...

The hairdresser who was cutting my hair was young, and pretty.

She kept up a casual conversation, but at the same time paid an immense amount of attention to my hair.

And not too long later, I had my straight fringe back. She had layered my hair a bit too, so it was fluffy.

As I walked to another store, I could feel my hair bouncing around behind me. I had the sudden urge to play the song "Whip My Hair" and start whipping my hair around like a maniac. I've done it before. I woke up with the biggest neck cramp ever.

I had to drag myself away from the book store. I already had too many books that I hadn't read yet.

A couple of hours later, I found myself in Walmart. I was in desperate need of a new toothbrush. My old one was going all gross.

I looked at the variety of toothbrushes. I was so tempted to buy the little pink princess one, but I stopped myself. I wasn't cool enough for it.

I was about to leave with the purple and white one I'd chosen, but then I looked back and picked the princess one up again. I looked back and forth between them.

I heard a laugh from behind me.

I spun and my eyes widened as I realised who it was.

Elijah was standing there, watching me with an amused expression.

"Never in my whole life did I expect to see you in Walmart," I said. I quickly took my phone out and snapped a picture of him.

"Did you just take a piicture of me?" he asked.

I nodded. "I'm adding it to my collection of once in a lifetime photo's."

"I see you're having trouble deciding between toothbrushes," he said.

"Hmm, I just don't know which one to choose," I said, frowning. I held them up. "Which one do you think?"

"I'd say the princess one reflects your personality more," he said, clearly amused.

"I thought so too," I said seriously. "Okay, I've decided. I'm going with the princess one."

I put the purple one back and turned to Elijah.

"Okay," I said, turning serious. "I'm assuming you aren't here just to watch me buy a pink toothbrush."

"No, I'm not," he said.