First Sight

Caroline had been a bit worried when I told her that I was running for Miss Mystic Falls, because she veiwed me as a big threat. But I reasured her that I was only doing it because her mom had asked me to, and I wasn't even going to try to win. That relaxed her a bit.

I was sitting on my bed cross-legged, making a few of my crystals float around in the air.

"Hey Marni," A voice said from my door.

"Oh, hey Elena," I said. "What's up?"

"Not much," she said. "Just waiting for Stefan to get back from hunting."

"Those poor, poor cute little forest animals," I said. "May they rest in peace."

She laughed. "How long have you and Damon teased Stefan about his diet?"

"Hmm," I said. "Since he started eating squirrels I guess,"

"I'm glad that he drinks animal blood and all, but how come he doesn't drink human blood from blood bags, like Damon does?" she asked.

"Yeah, Stefan on human blood? Not a good idea," I said.

"Why not?" she asked.

She had came over to the bed and sat infront of me.

"When Stefan turned," I paused, thinking of a way to put it. "He wasn't exactly... in control of himself."

"So he killed a few people," Elena guessed.

I laughed without humor.

"Well, not exactly," I said. "He wiped out an entire town in one night,"

She gasped. "Really?"

"Yep," I said. "He even tried to eat me at one stage."

"Did he?" she asked, even more shocked.

"Yes," I said. "I made him wish he hadn't though,"

"I just can't see Stefan doing that," she said.

"The Stefan you know now is completely different from what he used to be," I said.

"How long was he like that?" she asked.

"A couple of years, give or take," I said.

"What happened after that?" she asked.

"With some help, he stopped drinking human blood and moved onto animal blood," I said. "There's always a chance that if Stefan drinks human blood again, he will lose control and kill everyone around him."

"Oh," she said. "I had no idea..."

"Not a lot of people do," I said. "But this happened over a century ago, so there's no need to worry,"

We were silent for a moment.

"So," she said. "How did you meet Stefan and Damon in the first place?"

I half smiled at the memory.

"The first time I set eyes on the Salvatore brothers was in 1861," I said. As I started telling Elena the story, it was like my mind drifted off into a flashback.

*Flashback*

"Marni?" I heard my mother call from downstairs.

My family and I had moved to the small town of Mystic Falls nearly three weeks ago. The house we lived in was beautiful. It had three storeys and each room was beautifully furnished. I had spent the first few days exploring the gardens around the house. My family was wealthy and had moved from the city.