Masquerade Ball

"I still don't know why you wouldn't let me kill Mason," Damon said. "That guy was an ass,"

"Takes one to know one Damon," I said.

We were walking through the woods, looking for the well that apparently had the moonstone in it.

"Yeah, but he's a bigger ass than me," he said.

I looked at him.

"Okay, I admit, maybe I'm more of an ass, but I'm far more attractive than him," Damon said.

"You're so- Wait," I said, shoving my hand out and stopping Damon. "There's the well,"

"Finally," Damon muttered.

I dodged a couple of trees and walked out into a bit of a clearing. In the middle of it was a well that had a metal grate on it with a padlock.

Without saying anything Damon leaned over and broke it.

"Why would he hide it in a well?" I asked.

"Probably to piss us off," Damon said.

"You know Damon, not all of us do things just to piss others off," I said.

"Why not, it's fun," he said. He grabbed hold of the grate and lifted it off the well.

I climbed up to the edge and peered down.

"It would help if there was light," Damon said.

I sighed and clicked my fingers. A ball of fire appeared in my hand and I threw it into the well. It gave us a brief view of the inside of the well. The water at the bottom was filled with vervain plants.

"Yeah," Damon said. "You can go in and get it."

"If I don't come back up tell everyone I'll haunt them when they sleep," I said.

I jumped down, using the air to soften my fall. I splashed into the water and it came up to my waist.

"You okay?" Damon called from up the top.

"You owe me new shoes," I yelled back.

I looked around and decided how I was going to do this.

"Okay, let's do this," I muttered to myself.

I held my arms out and moved them away from each other. The water parted up the sides of the well and left the bottom dry.

"Found it!" I yelled. There was a small box tied to a string that was hooked onto the floor.

I picked up the box and ripped it off the string.

I flexed my hands out and I shot up out of the well.

"It smelt really bad down there," I said. I motioned my hand and all of the water that had soaked up in my clothes floated up and dropped on the ground.

I opened the box, expecting something epicly cool. My excitement dimmed when I got a good look at it.

"That's it?" I asked. "That's what everyone is making a big fuss about?"

The moonstone was about the size of a hockey puck and was a cloudy white colour.

"Looks like a bar of soap," Damon said.

"It really does," I said.

"The first ever vampires to roam the world are after this thing," Damon said. "Not to mention Katherine and probably half of the supernatural population."

I grinned. "And we have it,"

"Come on," Damon said. "Let's head back."

He started walking.