Flashback

I didn't sleep that night. So I heard when Damon quietly opened my door.

"What do you want Damon?" I whispered, feeling the tears come againg.

"Marni, I'm so sorry. I was caught up in the moment, I was angry at you almost being hurt and it just came out. I never ment it." he said, coming and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Damon, it's fine. What you said was true, I am a freak, and I'll never be normal." I mumbled, sitting up.

"No, don't say that. You are not a freak. Your a witch. And so what if you aren't normal. YouR better off not being normal, other wise you couldn't throw me against walls."

I smiled a little.

"Come here." he said. He pulled me against his chest and held me there. Damon isn't compassionate as a rule. But I was that rules one exception.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"It's fine." I said.

I pulled away from the hug and got up.

"I need a drink." I said.

He gave me a worried look.

"Of water." I added.

His expression relaxed.

I got up and walked down stairs. When I walked into the kitchen I froze.

I watched with tears in my eyes as my parents were tied to crosses with sticks surrounding them.

"No!" I screamed. "They're not vampires!"

But it was too late. A man with a short mustouche walked up to them. He bent to the ground and in a swift motion, the sticks were a blaze, and my parents were getting burnt alive.

"No!" I screamed. I tried to run towards them, but arms had wrapped around me and were holding me back. I looked up and Damon was there, with a panicked look in his eyes.

"Let me get to them!" I screamed.

"No, you'll get yourself killed!" he said.

"I don't care! They can't die!" I screamed. Tears were pouring down my face. I could hear my parents scream in the background.

I tried to run again, but Damon refused to let me go.

"I have to save them!" I cried.

"You can't! They're already gone!" He was right. I couldn't hear them screaming now.

I collapsed in his arms.

"Why didn't you let me save them?" I whispered.

"Because I don't want to lose you too." he said.

I snapped back to the present to find Damon shaking me gently.

"Marni, are you okay?" he asked, sounding concerned.

I couldn't even speak. I just started crying my eyes out.

"Marni, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" he asked.

"I had another flashback." I whispered. Lokks like I told Elena the truth anyway.

Damon didn't say anything. He just pulled me against his chest for the second time that night.

After a while, Damon sat me into one of the chairs at the table and got me a glass of water.

After I had calmed down, I went back upstairs to bed, knowing I would be screwed tomorrow if I didn't get any sleep.

Once I was curled up in bed, I tried to drown everything out, hoping to get a peaceful nights sleep.

But I doubted that was going to happen.