Day 28 out of quarantine

A few days later, Ellen and Patrick packed their bags for yet another trip. Shonda had given them a few days off as they weren't in the episodes they were filming too much. They had purchased two plane tickets to Boston, and Ellen was ecstatic. Ellen insisted on them both getting covid tests, so they did, and they both came back negative.

"You got everything? Keys, license..." Ellen trailed off, biting her lip. "Relax Ellie. We have everything. Don't worry." Patrick said softly as He wrapped his arms around her. "Okay." She whispered as she buried her head into his chest.

They got into the car with their luggage and drove to the airport again. Patrick decided to sing the whole time, and Ellen eventually joined in as well.

They arrived at the airport, and once again, the paparazzi was crazy. As they wheeled their luggage in, they threw questions left and right. "Ellen Patrick, where are you guys going?" One asked. "Away." Patrick replied with a gruff chuckle.

They managed to get through security and checking without too much of a hassle and went to wait by their terminal, paparazzi still taking pictures. "They're so annoying." Ellen complained. "Oh yeah." Patrick agreed. "Hopefully they don't know where we're going." She said. "Let's hope not. You excited?" Patrick asked with a smile as he put his hand in hers.

"Very. I haven't been back for a long time." Ellen said. "We should go to maine too sometime." She added. "We can do that." Patrick replied. "Flight to Boston, boarding now." A voice came over the intercom. Ellen and Patrick stood up and began walking to the plane.

They boarded their first class seats and buckled up. "It's gonna be cold there. I hope you packed warm." Ellen said with a chuckle. "I did. We're both New Englanders, don't forget that." Parrick laughed.

Once they were in the air, Ellen and Patrick decided to watch a movie together. It just so happened that Ellen downloaded 'Cant Buy Me love'. "Baby Pat." Ellen said with a giggle as she linked her hand with his. Patrick blushed and kissed her forehead as they watched the movie.

After a few hours, they touched down at Logan Airport and got off the plane. The airport was packed, as it usually was. Fans recognized the two and asked for pictures and autographs, which Patrick and Ellen did. They loved the fans, but not the paparazzi.

They got outside and walked around the block, where she happened to keep her other car. "I missed this place." Ellen said with a big smile as she drove through the busy streets of Boston. "We should go downtown one of these days, by Faneuil Hall. That's awesome." Ellen suggested enthusiastically. "We can do that El." Patrick replied. He loved seeing her this happy.

Ellen drove to her hometown, Everett Massachusetts. "That's where we used to play outside." She said as she pointed to a small stream.

"And... we're here." She said as she pulled into a small, old home. Her siblings all had their own houses, but Patrick and her were staying at this house. Her family had managed to maintain it for this long.

It was a small, old looking house. Ellen was never very wealthy as a kid, but they made do. The two of them walked up the front steps and entered the house. "Just like I remembered." Ellen said with a chuckle as walked through the house. Patrick looked around in his fiancees childhood home and smiled.

"This was my parents room." Ellen said as she opened the door to the master bedroom. "And this was my room. I was the only one who didn't have to share." She said with a smirk. Patrick chuckled. "This you?" He asked as he picked up a picture. Ellen nodded. "That's me, Joey, Dean, suzie, Kathleen, and Maureen." Ellen said.

"You were adorable." Patrick replied as he kissed her softly. Ellen gave Patrick the rest of the tour and put their stuff into Ellen's old room. "Want to do anything today?" Patrick asked. "It's late, Patrick. We should sleep and save our energy for tomorrow." Ellen replied. "Okay." He said.

After showering and cleaning themselves up, they sat down in their living room, and as Ellen scrolled through the tv shows, Patrick got started on the fire. "Careful." Ellen warned. Patrick chuckled and when he finished, sat down on the couch next to her. "It's a nice house." He complimented. "It's small, but we all made it work." Ellen replied.

They finally settled on watching a re run of Friends, which also happened to be the one Ellen was guest staring in. "I forgot you were in friends!" Patrick exclaimed. "Oh god." Ellen muttered in embarrassment. Patrick just chuckled and wrapped her in his arms. "I love you." He murmured. "I love you too Patrick. Thanks for coming here with me." Ellen said softly. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." He replied as he kissed her head.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!