Day 56 out of quarantine

A few days later,  they got a call from Janet.  "Hi guys." She said through the phone. "Hi Janet." Patrick replied.

"How are you guys doing? I saw you won a race, Patrick." Janet said. "We're good. How are you?" Ellen asked. "I'm good. I called today because I wanted to let you know that I do need to come in and make sure the house is completely safe." She explained.

"Okay. When would be best for you?" Patrick asked. "Well, we did find a potential match for you guys. Obviously, it's still going to be a few weeks, with paperwork and all that, but the sooner the better." Janet answered.

"You found a match?" Ellen asked with a big smile. "Potential match, but a match none the less." She replied. "That's amazing. Thank you." Patrick said as he squeezed Ellen's hand.

"So, do you have any days in mind?" Janet asked. "I-probably not today.  We have work so Not tomorrow or the next day, but Thursday." Ellen answered.

"I can do Thursday around noon. Would that work for you?" Janet asked. Patrick looked at his and her calendar his phone and nodded. "That works." He replied.

"Okay. So, basically I just have to make sure the house is safe for a child. You know, child locks, the bumper things so they don't hit their head on the corners, all that stuff. You're going to need to prepare." Janet explained.

"Okay. So thursday?" She asked for confirmation. "Yes." Ellen replied. "Okay. That's all for now. I'll see you both Thursday at noon." Janet said before hanging up.

"Wow. A match already." Ellen said with a smile. "I told you not to worry about anything. We'll get our family soon." Patrick replied, kissing her softly. "In like, 2 weeks we could have a little baby crawling around here." Ellen said softly.

"I know, I can't wait." He answered.

•••

"Want to go shopping to help baby proof the house?" Ellen asked. They didn't have anything to do today. They were almost on hiatus.

"Sure. Now?" Patrick replied as he grunted as he stood up from the couch. "Yeah. Can we stop to eat though after? I'm starving." She asked with a soft smile. "Sure. A nice restaurant or..." Patrick trailed off.

"Sure. I'll go get dressed into some decent." Ellen said before running upstairs.

She picked out a nice pair of black dress pants and a light green v neck tshirt. Ellen pulled on a black blazer and looked at herself in the mirror and nodded to herself.

Patrick quickly changed into some dress pants as well and a nice collared shirt. He threw some product in his hair and Met Ellen downstairs.

"Looking good." Patrick said with a smirk, kissing her softly. "You too. Let's get going. Shopping first then eating, right?" Ellen asked. "Sure." Patrick answered.

They got into the car and began driving. "What do we even need?" Patrick asked. "We need a lot of those rubber edge things for the counters and tables and all that. Baby safety locks. And all that baby stuff, like we need to convert the other room to a nursery room." Ellen explained.

Clearly, she was very excited about this and she was very prepared. "You're ready, huh?" Patrick smiled. "I am." She replied. "What do we tell the media? The paparazzi is gonna be all over us right now if they see." He asked.

"We're going to have to say something eventually, so once they start asking we'll just answer honestly, right?" Ellen asked. "Sounds good."

They got to Baby's R Us and walked in. The paparazzi followed them in closely, snapping pictures every second.

Once they were inside, Patrick grabbed her hand and they started going up and down the aisles.

"Which brand? This one or this one?" Patrick asked, grabbing two kinds of the rubber corner stoppers. "Probably the one on the right. It looks more reliable." She answered.

They shopped for about an hour longer, not getting everything; but getting some of what they neeeded.

"Lunch now. Or, dinner, I should say." Patrick announced as they got into the car once again. "Yes. Does Georgia's sound good?" She asked as her phone went off.

"Camilla just texted me. 'How's the baby shopping going? Paparazzi are all over u right now." Ellen laughed.

"We're gonna have to say something soon, but we can worry about that later." Patrick said as he parked the car. The two of them got out and pushed past the busy streets, ignoring the paparazzi once again.

"Ellen, you look wonderful darling! What were you doing in baby's r us?" Someone shouted. Ellen chuckled and got closer to Patrick.

Someone took their seats into a private room and they sat down. "Sorry about all the people, we'll keep them out." Their waitress apologized. "It's no problem." The two replied.

"Can we start with a bottle of Cabernet?" Patrick asked.

•••

The night went on flawlessly. The two talked about their possible baby, more about the house, work, and the wedding.

Ellen ate a nice salad for dinner, while Patrick dug into a delicious steak. Their phones were blowing up with notifications from Twitter and Instagram and messages about the pictures from baby shopping, but they would deal with rhat later.

Once they got home, the two of them trudged up to bed. "We have to set everything up tomorrow and get more." Ellen said sleepily. "I know. We will. Let's get some sleep, you're exhausted. I love you." Patrick whispered. "Love you too."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Thanks for reading besties