Day 30 out of quarantine

Patrick woke up first the the warm cozy bed, with a small sleeping body in his arms. Patrick never thought he'd be in this position. Meeting Ellen Pompeos family. Her bringing him to her hometown.

Ellen's house wasn't very big for a large family, but they made do. Patrick loved looking around the house, picturing a little Ellen running around. He noticed there wasn't many pictures of when she was a kid, but that was probably because her childhood wasn't good.

Ellen stirred in his arms and slowly woke up, resting her face on his warm body. "Good morning beautiful." He whispered. "Morning." She replied sleepily. "Sleep well?"

"Very." Ellen replied. "What time are we meeting your family?" He asked. "I think noon at the graveyard and we'll probably go to eat again or sometning." She answered. "Sounds good."

A little while later, the two got out of bed and changed into some nice outfits and got ready for the day. "Suzie just confirmed it. We're meeting at 12, so we should get going." Ellen said as she stepped into the kitchen. "Okay." He replied as he kissed her softly.

They drove to the cemetery and stepped out together, seeing Ellen's siblings waiting outside their car. "Hey." They greeted as she and Patrick walked up. "Hi." Ellen replied, hugging each one.

All of them began walking through the cematary. Ellen's mom and dad were in the back, right next to each other, so they had quite a walk. "Remember when mom and dad were cooking in the kitchen, and she snuck up behind him and made him drop the pan?" Suzie asked Erin a smile.

"And then, when dad called for a family dance party after it?" Dean added chuckling. "Oh, I miss them." Kathleen sighed. "We all do, Kath." Joey replied.

Patrick wrapped his arms around Ellen's shoulders supportively and kept her close. "There they are, right ahead. How long has it been for you El?" Maureen asked.

"Long time." Ellen replied, feeling slightly guilty about it. "It's not your fault Ellie, you have a demanding job. Look, there's cameras over there which is very disrespectful." Dean said, raising his voice on that last statement.

As they stopped at the two gravestones, the siblings gathered round, while Patrick hung back and let them have a moment with their parents. "Hey mom, hey dad, it's us. Joey, Dean, suzie, Kathleen, Ellen, and me." Maureen said. "We all miss you so much." Ellen said softly.

They all continued to tell them about their lives. "Can I have a minute?" Ellen asked as her siblings stood up. "Sure Ellie." Suzie said as she squeezed her shoulder supportively and walked away to Patrick.

"Ellie always takes an extra minute with mom, mainly. It affected her the most, I think." Kathleen explained to Patrick. He nodded. "Do you know what happened?" Maureen asked. "Not exactly." Patrick replied.

Suzie sighed. "It was just a normal Wednesday. Ma was just walking into the kitchen when she collapsed in front of Ellie. She was only 4 at the time. I can hear el screaming still sometimes. All of us ran into the kitchen and knelt down to help. Ellie was crying and screaming, so Suzie took her away and outside. Joey and I did CPR, and eventually an ambulance came. The paramedic did CPR when he took ova, and went outside. Ellie saw the whole thing. They pronounced her dead before they even got her into the hosptial." Dean explained.

"Oh god. I'm so sorry." Patrick said sympathetically. "It affected Ellie the most. She was just a baby, you know? All of us got at least 8 more years than she did." Suzie said as she watched her baby sister talk to their mother. "She did good though. Words can't express how proud we all are, even though she doesn't even believe us when we say it." Joey replied.

"She's amazing." Patrick said softly. "She is. Seriously Dempsey, if you hurt her-"

"I won't. She's the love of my life. I'm not gonna hurt her." Patrick cut in gently. "Good. Kids been through a lot." Maureen said.

Back at the gravestone, Ellen was chatting. "So...Greys is on its 17th season. I bet you'd like the show. And...I'm engaged. To Patrick. He's amazing. I think you'd think him, mom. You too dad. He makes me feel like im the only girl in the whole world. You'd be proud of me, I think. I love you both so much and I miss you more than anything." Ellen said before walking back over.

"You okay?" Patrick asked as she wiped a stray tear from her eyes. "I'm alright." She replied. They all walked back to their cars, reliving memories and catching up. "Bye guys." Ellen said, hugging all of her brothers and sisters. "Bye Ellie. We love you. See ya Patrick." Dean said.

Patrick and Ellen drove home and walked inside the house. "Tired?" Patrick asked softly. "Yeah." Ellen admitted. Patrick and Ellen curled up on the couch together, and watched a movie. "I told them about you." She said.

"You did?"

"Yeah." Ellen replied simply. Patrick smiled and held her close. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters please feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!