Day 40 out of quarantine

Patrick woke up early for his flight at 8. Ellen still had no idea he was coming back.

He packed his stuff and drove his rental car back to the airport. He looked at a text from Ellen and smiled. "Good morning!! I miss u. I don't have work today so FaceTime or call me if you have time. Love you."

"Morning. I miss you too Ellie. I have a few shoots but I'll call you in between. I love you too." He typed back and sent.

Patrick dropped off the rental car and made his way into the airport with hus luggage. The paparazzi were there, and he could only hope Ellen didn't see the pictures.

Fans came up to him and asked for photos and signatures, so he complied for a few of them. "Patrick! How's Ellen?" A fan asked. "She's great."

He got through security and took a seat by his terminal. His phone rung and he answered it. "Hello?"

"Patrick. How are you feeling? I cancelled everything for today so you're good to go home." His agent asked.

"Oh, I'm okay. Still feel crappy but better I guess." Patrick replied, making his voice raspy. "Good. I'll let you go. I just wanted to let you know. Feel better."

"Thanks." He replied as he hung up the phone.

Patrick boarded his flight a little bit later and took his seat.

•••

Ellen let herself sleep in a little bit. She sent a text to Patrick, and decided to cook sometning. That's what she did when she was bored or stressed or lonely or really anything.

So, for lunch, she got the ingredients for her favorite dish, a simple, yet elegant, spaghetti Bolognese.

She put on one of her Spotify playlists and began cooking.

When the meal was ready, Ellen took it outside to her balcony and sat down at the table, overlooking the waves crashing and the beach. The only thing missing now was Patrick.

•••

Patrick's plane landed and he left the airport. Since Ellen drove him on the way there, he needed a ride. So, he called an Uber. He usually didn't use ubers due to fans and such, but he didn't have a ride.

He hopped in and greeted the driver, who luckily did not recognize him. On the way home, Patrick thought about how he would surprise her.

He didn't want to scare her by sneaking up on her, but he wanted her to be surprised. Maybe he'd go in the back door.

A little while later, he arrived at the house. He asked to be dropped off not in front of the house so she wouldn't see.

He walked to the side door, opting to go through there and quickly opened it and stepped in. Ellen's basement was quite clean.

He quietly walked upstairs and into the kitchen. Patrick looked around and saw Ellen lounging outside and smiled. He dropped his suitcase and got himself a plate of pasta she made and walked outside to the balcony.

"Nice day out, huh?" He asked with a smile as he looked out the balcony.

"Patrick? What are you doing here?" Ellen asked with a surprised expression, jumping out of her chair and hugging him tightly.

Patrick chuckled at how tight her hug was and put his plate down to hug her back tightly. "I missed you." He said as an explanation.

The two savored being in each other's arms for a moment before pulling away slightly. "How did you get out of it? I thought you had more shoots today?" Ellen asked.

"I may have told my agent I was sick." Patrick admitted with a guilty smile. Ellen giggled and kissed him softly.

"I certainly missed that." He growled against her lips, causing Ellen to giggle again.

"This is excellent, by the way. You could give Gordon Ramsey a run for his money." Patrick said as he took
A bite of her pasta.

"Perks of growing up in an Italian household." Ellen smirked.

•••

After eating lunch, the two of them decided to go for a walk outside. "What have you been doing these past few days?" Patrick asked.

"I had work yesterday. And today nothing. Pretty boring. What about you?"

"I had a few shoots a few days ago and yesterday I had one."

"You looked good in those, by the way." Ellen complimented. "Thanks el." Patrick chuckled.

They walked along the busy Malibu streets, just enjoying their time together. The paparazzi was of course taking pictures, but they didn't mind.

"I'm glad your home." Ellen murmured as she stayed close to his side. "Me too. We have some wedding planning to do." Patrick replied softly.

"I already told Camilla we're doing that soon and she's very excited to help." Ellen informed.

"Good. Cause I don't know shit about planning weddings. Jill did the whole thing." Patrick snorted.

Ellen laughed. "I can't believe I ran into Chris yesterday. That was the most awkward thing that's happened to me In a while."

"Yeah." Patrick said, jealously coursing through his veins. "Patrick. I could sense your jealously through the phone the other day, imagine how it is now. You don't need to be jealous." Ellen said.

"How do I know you won't go back to him?" Patrick asked jokingly.

Ellen rolled her eyes and, without caring or thinking, pressed her lips roughly against his. He responded, kissing her passionately.

"That's how." Ellen said, pulling away and catching her breath. Patrick laughed and held her close. "I love you so much." He said.

"I love you too. More than anything."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! I hope your all doing well. M