Day 100 out of quarantine

One week until the wedding. One week until Ellen and Patrick were married. As in forever. One week until it was official.

Patrick woke up and just admired his fiancée. She was asleep, curled up against his chest with his arm around her. Her head was on the crook of his shoulder, and one of her legs were slung around his.

In 7 days, they would be married. He couldn't believe it. From meeting nearly 18 years ago for a job, to now 18 years later, it was so different. And he loved it.

Ellen shifted against his body and whimpered. "Shh." Patrick soothed. She settled back up, closer against his body and closed her eyes once more.

In two weeks, they would probably have a baby as well. Married and a baby. Patrick couldn't wait. He was so excited.

A little while later, Ellen stirred against his chest. "Mm morning." She mumbled. "Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked softly.

"Good. You're a good pillow. And my personal heater." Ellen replied. "That's good." He replied. "One more week." She whispered with a smile.

Patrick grinned. "One more week." He repeated.

•••

They went downstairs and Ellen made a nice breakfast for the two of them. "Want to eat in the back?" She asked. Patrick grabbed his plate with a smile and nodded.

They sat down at the table overlooking the beach and began eating. "How is it?" Ellen asked. "It's good. Realy good. Seriously, when you stop acting you could start a cooking show. I'm not even kidding." He replied.

"Yeah? And what are you gonna do after you stop acting?" She asked curiously. "Racing, probably. When do you think greys will even end?" Patrick asked.

"I domt know. It's...you just got signed on for another season at least, and with you back, I think it'll be a lot more popular again." Ellen replied.

"Did you ever get bored? Of greys, I mean." He questioned. Ellen let out a breath. "After you left, Jesse and Justin and Debbie were really my closest friends. I mean, I was friends with everyone else, but they were closest. And over time, it just got a little boring talking to the same people everyday." She replied.

"But what was the difference between me and them?" Patrick asked interestedly. "You weren't them. I'm not as open with them as I am with you. You make me feel safe and...happy all the time." She replied, blushing a little.

"I love you." He said softly. "I love you too. Can I ask you a question?" Ellen replied. "Of course you can."

"How bad did it hurt to leave greys? I'm just....when I leave and the show ends, I just want to be prepared." She asked.

"It hurt a lot. I...it was the right thing to do for my marriage, I know that. But I hated leaving. I loved working with everyone. I love to play Derek Shepherd. It hurt leaving you, a hell of a lot more than it hurt leaving the actual show though." He replied.

"Why didn't we stay in touch at all?"

"I don't know, El. I really don't and if I could I'd go back and change that." He said, putting his hand over hers.

•••

"Hello?" Patrick asked quietly as he answered the phone. Ellen and him had been lounging on the balcony outside and she fell asleep in his lap.

"Patrick, hi. I tried to contact your fiancée but she didn't pick up." Janet said through the phone.

"Hi Janet, uh, Ellen's taking a little nap right now. How are you?" Patrick asked, nudging Ellen awake. 'It's Janet.' He mouthed to her. Ellen immediately perked up and put the phone on speaker.

"I'm good. I wanted to let you know that we did find a match for you guys." Janet said. "You did? Really?" Ellen exclaimed.

"We did. She's an 8 month old baby girl from Boston, Massachusetts. Her mother gave her up for adoption." Janet replied. "Boston?" Patrick asked with a grin.

"That's right. I can send pictures today."

"I'm from Boston. That's awesome." Ellen said happily. "Your wedding is in about a week, right?" Janet asked. "Exactly one week. And then we have our honeymoon for another week." Patrick said.

"Okay. Once you guys are back, shes all yours." Janet said. "What's her name?" Ellen asked. "Her name is Jessie. Jessie Terrance. But obviously, once the adoption goes through her last name will be either Pompeo or Dempsey or hyphenated." Janet  answered.

"Jessie. Jessie dempsey." Ellen said with a smile. "Thank you Janet." Patrick said gratefully, kissing Ellen's head softly. "It's my pleasure. I'll see you guys with Jessie soon." She replied before ending the call.

"Wow." Ellen breathed. "Jessie. Jessie Dempsey. Has a nice ring to it, huh?" Patrick asked, tears pooling in his eyes. He was going to have a baby.

"It does. It really does." Ellen breathed. "I need to embroider that blanket. And the other one. And that blankie thing." She added with a grin.

"We have time, El. Her nursery is already pretty much set up." He said. "I know but still. She's from
Boston, too. That's so cool! We'll all be from around New England!" Ellen exclaimed.

"I know! You can teach her all about Boston. We can all watch the Patriots, bruins, Red Sox together. Maybe she'll even get a Boston accent like yours." Patrick said excitedly.

"Only a week until we're married. And two weeks until we get our baby." She whispered happily. "I can't wait to start our life together as a married couple with a baby." He said with a smile, kissing her softly.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Thanks for reading besties. Sorry if this chapter is short.