Day 82 out of quarantine

Today was the night of the Golden Globe Awards. The last time Ellen and Patrick went to the awards together was in 2007.

"What are you wearing tonight El?" Patrick asked his fiancée as they went through their closet. "This." Ellen said, holding up a patterned jumpsuit with a plunging neck line.

"That'll look gorgeous on you." He breathed, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her gently. "And what are you wearing, Mr Dempsey?" Ellen asked with a giggle.

"This." Patrick said as he pulled out a very nice tuxedo and held it up. "Mhm. You're hot." She mumbled against his lips.

Patrick laughed and kept her in his arms. "We have to get going soon." She whispered. "Let's just stay here for a minute." Patrick replied.

•••

After a moment together, they both got dressed into their outfits. "Where is the after party?" Patrick asked as he did his hair.

"I think Shonda's. Not sure though, we'll have to ask." Ellen replied. She finished her makeup, and walked out of the bathroom.

Patrick's jaw dropped at her and he looked her up and down. "Wow." He whispered. Ellen blushed and laughed slightly.

"You look gorgeous, Ellie." Patrick said softly. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." Ellen answered with a smirk. "I'm hot and you know it." Patrick mumbled.

"You are." She agreed.

The two of them went outside and got inside the car. "To the Golden Globes, right?" Their driver asked. "That's right." Patrick confirmed.

Tonight, Greys anatomy was nominated for Best Drama TV series. The two of them were both nominated for Best Drama TV Couple. Ellen was nominated for Best Actress in a Drama TV series, and Patrick was nominated for Best Actor in a Drama TV series.

After season 17, they both knew they had a pretty good chance at winning. "Ready for the spotlight, El?" Patrick asked as they pulled up to the entrance.

"Oh yeah." Ellen breathed as they got out together. Patrick quickly went to her side and took her hand. "Ellen, Patrick, you both look lovely today!" A reporter yelled.

They walked along the carpet until it was time for them to pose for pictures. Patrick put his arm around her waist and pulled her close and smiled.

"I hate pictures." Ellen whispered without moving her mouth. "Me too." Patrick smiled. Ellen looked at him and pulled his tux by the neck to bring him down for a kiss.

"Mm what was that for?" Patrick asked, smiling against her lips. "For the picture, of course." She mumbled as she pulled away.

A little while later, they met up with everybody else from the cast. "You both are nominated individually, right?" Shonda asked.

"Yes we are." Ellen replied. "Okay. Good luck guys." She said. "Thank you Shonda." She said softly.

"Welcome to our 2021 annual Golden Globes Awards ceremony! We have nominees from multiple shows, so let's begin!" The announcer spoke from the stage.

The Greys cast sat down at a table and listening and clapped as other categories were called.

"Next up for Best Drama TV series, here is our nominees. Greys Anatomy, Lucifer, All American, This is Us, and A Million Little Things!" The announced read.

"And the winner is....Greys Anatomy!"

Ellen and Patrick and the cast stood up and hugged each other happily. Hand in hand, Ellen and Patrick led everyone up the stairs and on stage. She took the trophy with a smile as everyone lined up.

"Uh, wow." She breathed into the mic. "This is amazing. We've been here a few times before, but nearly 18 years later? That's insane. Thank you all so much." Ellen said.

"We share this with the fans and everybody who's supported us every season. We love you!" She exclaimed as the crowd erupted into cheers.

They sat back down and passed the trophy around. One award won.

"Now, time for Best Drama Couple In a TV series! We have Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey, on the hit show greys anatomy." The announcer started, reading off all the nominees.

"And the winner is... Ellen and Patrick!"

The two of them walked up once again hand in hand and Patrick went to the mic this time. "Thank you all so much for this. With covid, we wanted to make everyone smile. And with Meredith and Derek back togetehr, we think we did it. So, thank you to the fans. This is for you." Patrick said before pressing his lips against Ellen's softly. 

The crowd cheered and they walked off the stage together. "I love you." She whispered. "I love you too." He replied with a smile.

As the night went on, more awards were won. Ellen and Patrick both ended up winning best actress and actor in a drama tv series, and it was a great night.

Patrick and Ellen decided to skip the after party, and have their own quiet after party. "Mm I love you." Ellen panted as she collapsed in bed after a nice few hours.

"I love you too." He replied. "This was a good night." Ellen said softly. "It was. We won." Patrick answered. "I'm proud of you." Patrick added as he kissed her cheek and held her close to his chest.

"I'm proud of you too." She whispered, face in his shirt. "Get some sleep. It's late." He said quietly. "Mm okay. Love you." Ellen mumbled. Patrick chuckled lightly. "Love you too."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Thanks for reading besties. Sorry if this chapter is short.