Day 78 out of quarantine

About 1 month time jump

"Our wedding is in 29 days, Patrick. Everything's planned, right?" Ellen asked into the phone as she walked along Hollywood boulevard.

"Yes. Everything's all planned. Go get fitted in your dress." Patrick replied with a chuckle. Ellen hung up the phone and turned her attention to her soon to be bridesmaids.

Kelly , Chandra, Shonda, and Caterina were all her bridesmaids. Camilla was her maid of honor. And today, they were all getting fitted for dresses today.

"You gotta calm down, El. Everything's planned. This is the only thing left to do." Camilla said as they entered the bridal store.

"Hi ladies!" A peppy store clerk greeted. "Hi. We, uh, have a fitting today for dresses." Ellen said with a kind smile. "Hmm....Ellen Pompeo?" She asked.

"That's right." She replied. "Okay ladies, right this way. My name is Kyla, by the way." She said, leading them in to a room in the back.

"So, we have a large variety of dresses. For the bride, just a traditional white wedding dresses, and the bridesmaids and maid of honor a nice light lavender color, correct?" Kyla asked. "Yes." Ellen smiled.

"Okay everyone. Go ahead and pick out some dresses. We selected these personally and they all go together, so pick whatever you guys like. And for the bride, I can help if you'd like. My assistants Morgan and Alyssa will be around as well." Kyla said.

Everyone went to the dress racks and dug around. Ellen didn't want a big, poofy dress. She just wanted a slim, white, elegant dress that she wouldn't trip in.

She picked out a few of them and walked over to her friends. "Which ones?" She asked as she held up each dress in front of her body.

"Oh, el, I love this one!!" Camilla exclaimed. "That one is gorgeous. I think that's the one." Caterina said with a soft smile. "Yeah?" Ellen asked.

"That's beautiful." Shonda said as Kelly nodded her head in agreement. "I'll try it on then." She said, hanging up the other dresses and following Kyla as she led her into the dressing room.

Ellen changed into the dress easily and looked at herself in the mirror. The dress clung to her small figure, showing off her curves. It wasn't showy, but it was elegant and perfect.

"Come on Ellie, get your ass out here!" Caterina shouted. Ellen laughed and opened the door. It went quiet as the women studied her dress.

"That's...that's gorgeous Ellen." Shonda said, chocking up a bit. "It reallt is. You look beautiful." Camilla agreed, also wiping away a small tear.

"Yeah?" Ellen asked, tearing up at her friends reactions. "It's so beautiful. It looks perfect on you." Kelly complimented. "This is the one." Ellen said to Kyla.

"It's fantastic. I'll hold it for you. Do you want to pay now or when everyone is done?" Kyla asked, taking the dress carefully. "I'll pay when everyone is done." She replied.

•••

All the women chose dresses, all lavender and pretty similar patterns. "Your total will be $3,457 dollars today." Kyla said at the register.

Ellen handed over her credit card and Kyla swiped it. "Thank you guys for coming to us today. We will see you to pick up dressed in a few weeks. Have a great rest of your day and an amazing wedding!" She exclaimed with a smile.

"Thanks for coming today guys." Ellen said genuinely as they continued walking. "Of course el. We can't wait for the wedding." Camilla replied as they got to their cars.

Ellen smiled warmly. "Bye guys. Love you all." She said as the women all got into their cars. Ellen took out her phone and called Patrick. "Hey. How did it go?" He asked.

"Good. We all got dressed. What have you been up to?" Ellen answered.

"Eric came over and watched the game with me. Drank a few beers. Our fitting is tomorrow, right?" Patrick asked.

"Yes. At 11. I'll be home in about 15 minutes. Do you want me to make dinner or do you got it?" She asked. "I already made it." He smiled.

"And what would that be?" Ellen asked. "That's a surprise. I'll see you soon." Patrick replied with a laugh.

Ellen navigated the streets and got home a few minutes later. She was immediately greeted by the aroma of pasta. "Hey." Patrick greeted with a smile. He walked over to her and kissed her softly on the lips before hugging her.

"Hi." She said softly. "I made that feta pasta. Or I tried." Patrick said with a smile. "I can smell it. I can't wait to try it, I'm starving." She said.

"Well we can't have that, can we?" He said, pulling her over to the table. Ellen giggled and took a seat at the table. "It looks really good." She complimented before taking a bite.

She was surprised by the tastes. It was actually really good. "This is delicious, Pat. Where did you get the recipe?" Ellen asked, impressed. "Chrissy Teighan." He admitted with an embarrassed expression.

"It's good. Really good. Thank you." She said gently. "Of course. So, everyone got dresses today?" He asked. Ellen nodded while chewing. She swallowed and looked at him.

"Yup. It was actually easy. They picked out what matches and what colors and stuff, so everyone just had to pick what they liked." Ellen explained. "And what did you pick?" He questioned with a smirk.

"I can't show you, but it has a plumbing v neck line and it's white and i love it." She said. "Plunging v neck?" Patrick asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It means it kind of dips down between my boobs. Not like in a slutty way, though." She said. "Good. Easier access." He smirked. Ellen rolled her eyes playfully and grabbed his hand across the table.

"I can't wait to marry you." She said. "I can't wait to marry you either." He replied happily.

AHey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Thanks for reading besties.