Day 39 out of quarantine

Ellen was bored. And lonely. She had the day off, and Patrick was on his trip. It was sad, really. She didn't know what to do with herself.

It was around noon, and she just had to get out of the house. Ellen got into her car and drove off.

She pulled into the grocery store parking lot and got out. Paparazzi had followed her, as usual. "Ellen, Ellen! Where's Patrick?"

"Business trip." She replied, walking into the store. They stayed outside, while she grabbed a cart and began walking around.

"Ellen?" A surprised voice asked, tapping her on the shoulder. "Chris. Uh, hi." She said awkwardly. She hadn't spoken to him in years, since their divorce.

"Uh, how are you?" He asked. "I'm good, I'm good. You?" Ellen asked politely. "Good. I, uh, saw that you and dempsey are together." Chris said.

Ellen swallowed awkwardly. "Yeah." She breathed. "I'm happy for you. Really." He insisted. "Thanks. I should, uh, go." Ellen said. "Me too. It was nice seeing you." Chris said. "Yeah."

Awkwaed. That was the only word to describe what just happened. Ellen chuckled to herself and finished shopping.

She got back into her car when Patrick called her. "Hey! I was just going to call." She said with a smile. "I miss you." He said. "I miss you too pat. What are you doing?"

"Getting ready for yet another shoot. What about you?" He asked. "I just got some groceries for the house. Guess who I ran in to?" Ellen asked.

"Oprah?" Patrick guessed randomly. Ellen giggled. "I wish. Chris." Ellen said. "As in your ex husband Chris?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah. It was so awkward. I didn't know what the hell to say so I just left." Ellen replied. "Hmm." Patrick murmered. "Oh, don't be jealous." Ellen said.

"I'm not jealous."

"I can sense your jealousy from across the country. Enough of that." Ellen said sternly. "I'm not jealous." He insisted.

Ellen said nothing. "Okay I'm jealous. But that's because I don't want my gorgeous fiancée talking to her ex husband." He admitted.

Ellen chuckled. "Don't worry. That was probably one of the most awkward things ever."

"Anyways, you doing anyhtingn else today?" Patrick asked. "No. I'm off today and apparently I have nothing to do without you." She said, pulling into the driveway.

Patrick laughed. "I wish I could say the same. I miss you." He repeated. "3 more days." She sighed. "3 more days."

"El, I gotta go. I love you." He said. "I love you too."

•••

Patrick posed for the camera once more before finally being able to go home.

When Ellen told him about Chris earlier, he was jealous. He knew nothing would ever happen between the two again, but he couldn't help it.

He drove himself back to his hotel and walked inside. Surprisingly, the paparazzi wasn't horrible there, just a few here and there. But he did have quite a few fans approach him.

Patrick plopped down on the bed the second he stepped into his room and put on the tv, which ironically, was greys anatomy.

It was the episode where Meredith was intubated. Patrick watched and frowned. Even though it was fake, the thought of Ellen being sick like that scared him. Kind of like it did when she had covid a month ago.

Patrick was grateful he hadn't lost anyone to covid. Ellen on the other hand, hadn't been so lucky. She didn't have good luck when it came to that stuff.

Patrick had no idea what to do. it was like he was...Lost without her. Which was pathetic. But he was. And the funny thing was, he knew Ellen was doing the same thing.

So, he pulled out his phone and called his agent. "Patrick, how's the trip?" He asked. "I-I'm sick." Patrick said, acting sniffly. "Oh god. Do you need to go home or can you handle it for a few days?"

"Go home." He said, letting out a fake cough. "Okay." He sighed. "I'll call the Porsche company and let them know. Get home with your fiancée."

Patrick coughed again. "Okay. Thanks." He said, hangin up the phone. Patrick smirked as he looked on his laptop and changed his flight to tomorrow. He was going to surprise Ellen.

He booked his ticket and called Ellen again. "Hey! What's up?" He asked. "Wine and Below Deck." She giggled. "What about you?"

"Re-runs of greys." Patrick admitted with a chuckle. Ellen laughed. "Cant get enough, huh?"

"Never."

"When you get home, we need to start planning the wedding." She said. "We will. I've already thought of a few things."

"Like what?" Ellen asked curiously. "Colors, groomsmen. Now you make me sound like a woman." He frowned.

"You're my big manly man." She said. Patrick laughed. "That I am."

They talked for a while longer before Ellen was almost asleep. "Get some sleep Ellie. I'll be back in a few days." He lied. "Love you." She said sleepily. "I love you too."

Hey guys! I am So sorry for the lack of updates and short chapters. I'm super super busy this week and I will be for the next few days. I'm going to try my best to get updates out but just know I'm busy. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and as usual, if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them. Hope your all doing well.