Day 29 out of quarantine

Ellen and Patrick woke up around 9. "We're meeting your family around 11 for brunch, right?" Patrick asked. "Yes." Ellen replied. "Let's get ready." He said.

Patrick changed into a pair of jeans and a nice sweater and Ellen did the same. They left the house, and were met with paparazzi waiting across the street. "They literally never leave. Even if we're on the other side of the country." Ellen complained as she got into the car.

Patrick just chuckled as the car roared to life and they began their drive. "Nervous?" Ellen asked with a smile. "No." Patrick replied honestly. "Good. They're nice, just a little protective."

"A little? Your brother sounded like he wanted to kill me on the phone a few days ago." Patrick chuckled. "Let them get to know you first and they're all a bunch of teddy bears. They've been like that forever." Ellen replied.

"That's where I went to high school." She pointed out. "Wow. That's a big school."

"We're in mass. Everything's big here except the houses." Ellen said with a giggle. Patrick looked around the scenery, and it reminded him of home.

They arrived at the lunch place and put their masks on before getting out of the car. "Patrick, Ellen, how are you guys enjoying Boston?"

Ellen just chuckled as she grabbed Patrick's hand and walked into the restaurant. "Ellie! Ova here!" A very Boston accent called. Ellen smiled when she saw her family and walked to them. "Oh, we missed you kiddo!" Dean said as all of her siblings stood up and gave her a hug. "I missed you guys too." Ellen said.

"Guys, this is Patrick. Patrick, this is Dean, Joey, Suzie, Kathleen, and Maureen." Ellen introduced. "Hi Patrick." The girls said with smiled. "Patrick." Dean said sternly as he looked Patrick up and down, very intimidating. "Let's sit down." Ellen suggested.

"How you been Ellie?" Joey asked. "Good. Really good. God, I've missed you guys so much." Ellen said with a smile. "We did too El." Suzie said.

"So Patrick, where ya from?" Maureen asked. "Lewiston maine." He replied proudly. "Oh, he's a new Englander. That's good." Kathleen said with a chuckle.

"Hi guys, my name is Karly and I'll be your server today- oh my god! Are you Ellen Pompeo?" The waitress asked suddenly. Ellen chuckled. "I am." She replied. "Can I have your autograph?" Karly begged. "Sure."

Ellen scribbled her signature on a pad of paper and took a picture with her. "Look at you." Dean said proudly. "Our baby sister." Joey said with a smile.

Ellen blushed and giggled. "What do you like better Ellie, California or Boston?" Suzie asked. "Boston, for sure." Ellen replied. Ever since they had arrived in Boston, Patrick could her the thick accent coming out.

"What about you Patrick?" Maureen asked. "Boston. Reminds me of home." He replied. "Good." Dean said approvingly, causing Ellen to smack his shoulder.

"What do you do Patrick? Other than acting?" Dean asked. "I love to race."

"I love nascar." Joey exclaimed. "Me too." Patrick replied with a smile.

As they ate their food, they all made small talk. It seemed that Ellen's siblings had approved of Patrick and actually liked him. Not that she thought they wouldn't, it's just they were all very protective over Ellen.

"Oh god." Ellen muttered as she paparazzi snapped pictures through the window. "So popular." Kathleen joked. "Ellie, let's see the rock." Suzie requested. "I have pictures, but I'm not wearing it now. Patrick and I are gonna announce it at some point, but the paparazzi would be all over that." Ellen explained as she pulled out her phone.

She discreetly showed the picture and smiled. "Nice job Dempsey." Joey complimented. "Thanks." He replied with a proud smile.

"You guys want to come visit mom and dad with us tomorrow?" Suzie asked. "We were already planning on that, so yes." Ellen replied. "Good. I think mom and dad would approve of you, Dempsey." Dean said honestly.

Patrick smiled at that and nodded proudly. "But if you ever hurt her, we'll have to kill ya." He added quietly. Patrick gave a small smile and nodded in understanding.

After lunch, they all parted ways. "That went well." Ellen said happily as she jumped into the car. "It did." Patrick agreed.

"My mom and dad would've loved you Patrick. I know it." Ellen said softly. "I would've loved them too el. They had to be great if they raised such an incredible woman."

Ellen pressed her lips softly against his and smiled against his lips. "I love you." She whispered. "I love you too." He replied.

After they drove around for a little while for Ellen to show Patrick some places, they got back at the house and plopped down on the couch. "I told you they were a little protective, but they loved you." Ellen said. "Your parents raised 6 excellent kids." Patrick said.

"I miss them." Ellen whispered. "I know you do."

"I love you. So much." She said.

"I love you too."

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Sorry for the short chapter. Hope your all doing well!