3B (After the Sick)

Credit to the artist!

Sonzuku POV

I wake up groggily, still feeling out of it somewhat. I freak out a little bit at the prospect of having to see Dadzawa again, but knowing he wants to adopt me makes it better. I decide to try to find him. I am unsuccessful on my journey. I can't even leave. That's how unsuccessful I am. I give a slight wave to the three-fourths of the family staring at me.

"Broku!" Eri yells to me, running up to hug me. I drop down to her level so I can hug her back.

"Hey, Eri. How are you?" I twirl her around and stand up with her in my arms as she giggles and tries to get away.

"I'm good. I'd be better if you let me go, though." She pouts at me. I smile and set her down, leading her back to the table where they're eating breakfast.

"Thank you for having me." I bow towards the seventy-five percent of the family. "Please give Aizawa-sensei my thanks for caring for me."

"Wait! Midoriya! Please join us for breakfast. We'd love to have you and you can thank Shota yourself this way." Present Mic looks at me hopefully. It's gonna kill my soul to do this, but I don't want to intrude.

"No thank you. Thank you for allowing me to stay here, but I think it's time for me to go. I'd hate to intrude. Please have a great morning." It kills me to look at Present Mic and Eri's puppy eyes at me. It almost makes me stay, but I don't think they really want me here. Shinsou decides it's his turn to try to keep me.

"Izuku? Can you come here a second?" I have to refrain from doing anything from acknowledging his question and turn the doorknob. (I can't believe this happens in two universes.)

Dadzawa comes up and grabs me bridal style. "Nope. Come eat breakfast with us." I just nod, not wanting to refuse him. The rest of the family can be seen smiling as I get picked up.

I hide my burning face in my hands. I practice my breathing until I figure I'm not too red anymore and decide to eat to get it over with. Dadzawa frowns when he sees the three pieces of bacon on my plate.

He goes to sit next to me and takes my plate from me. I relax a bit, happy to not have to do that anymore until I see him putting food on it. What is he doing?

Suddenly, I'm red again when the plate with that much food is placed in front of me. "Eat." I grab the fork Eri grabbed for me, slightly shaking from the attention. I take a bite and smile.

"It's really good. Thank you," I say, loving the taste. The rest of the family groans.

"Thank you Little One. I was taught from the best of the best and I've decided it's my mission to share it with my family." He winks at me. I turn slightly pink again, but the speech makes me giggle. They all stare at me again.

"Broku is adorable!" The rest of the table laughs and agrees. I watch the others and play with my food as I listen to their conversations. They're amazing. I only snap out of it when everyone finishes and starts the leave. Everyone but Dadzawa and me that is.

"Bye, Dad, Broccoli Boy, I'll see you later." Shinou leaves last. I make a face at his nickname and he just grins back at me.

To be honest, I probably would have left after, with, or before the rest of them did, but Dadzawa has me wrapped up in his capture scarf. It's kind of comfortable, so I'm not complaining.

"I got permission from Nezu to keep you here today without any makeup work." I turn to him, surprised at the sudden words. I suppose that makes sense because I was sick yesterday, but why today? And why can't I leave today?

"I want to officially ask you if you would like to join the family." I must make a face. "Don't worry, everyone would be happy for you to join us. Heck, Eri and Hitoshi both asked for you at family movie night and Mic wanted to invite you to family dinner. We'd love for you to accept. You, of course, don't have to if you don't want to, though. Also, no matter what your answer is, you're getting counseling from Hound Dog when you get back to school. You can do that instead of morning lessons for a bit. I know Nezu will agree because we all know you don't need the lessons and that's what we usually do in the morning. If we decide to train, you don't have to go that day unless you want to."

The amount of information I was just given shocks me. I take a minute to just sit there and think.

"I'd be happy to be adopted by you!"