57AL (Mission: Befriend the Homeless)

Credit to the artist! (Google says Gianna on Tumblr)

Third POV

To be fair to Izuku, it is not his fault that he did not know the homeless guy was not homeless. If he did, he would never have told him about his quirklessness.

You see, it all started one day when Izuku was approached by this scruffy-looking man. He naturally assumed he was homeless and gave him some food. When Izuku was asked why he was out there, he just answered that he had been abandoned when it was found out he is quirkless. He shrugged off the man's apologies.

"You must not have been around here for long. I hope you do not end up staying. There are so many kids like me on the streets. Of course, no one deserves it, but we can only do so much to help each other. I do not know what kind of quirk you have, but please be careful with it. None of us want to feel physically threatened ever again. Sadly, the mental threats will never go away. Maybe, if I make it out, I'll move to Sweden and start up a business. Then, I might make enough money to help people like me all around."

"Those are some big dreams you have. Never lose them." The man left. Izuku did not see him for months.

"Hey, kid!" Izuku's eyes widened slightly at the familiar voice. He was shocked to remember who the man was. He turned around and saw the man from months prior looking a little better holding up an id. When Izuku squinted, he recognized it as a hero license. His eyes widened. Eraserhead. "I was wondering if we could talk for a minute."

"Yes, Mister Eraserhead?" He gestured to the shadows behind his back with his hands. He appreciated that the others were willing to help him, but they shouldn't get involved for now.

"I know that this will not make up for what the world has done to you and that nothing ever will, but my husband, my class, and I raised enough money to send you to Sweden, for high school and college for free. We are also hoping to raise enough money to help you start your business there as well." Izuku took a deep breath in, trying to do anything rash.

"Thank you so much. There is going to be a lot of work that needs to be done before then you know. Such as getting a passport." Izuku hoped the man was being truthful. That is why he decided he should test him. The man's eyes widen and then return to normal very quickly.

"I'm impressed you know that much. Then again, you must have known a lot to know Sweden is one of the most accepting countries of quirkless populations in the world." Now it was Izuku's turn to be shocked. The man must have done some research after they talked.

"I will gladly accept your offer on the condition that the money meant for my high school and college go towards the other quirkless population here instead. I just need enough money to get there, please." At Eraaserhead's questioning gaze, Izuku answered the unspoken questions. "I was not actually abandoned, not exactly. My mom died when I was fifteen. When she started getting sick, she encouraged me to focus on my studies, knowing I might not get the chance later. I got my high school diploma from online school two months in, shocking both of us. After her encouraging me to go further, I received degrees in business and marketing."

"Well dang kid. I was not expecting that." Izuku shrugged, not caring for praise or shock.

"When do I leave?"

"The latest you will be leaving is two weeks from now unless you wish to stay here longer."

"Nope. Thank you for the opportunity. I will be ready in three days from now. Do not rush due to that. I'll be at the place we met from eight to nine, noon to one, four to five, and nine to eleven if you need me."

It took two years for Izuku's business to take off. It started small, drawings, paintings, and handmade furniture. It turned into more as time passed. He began to get enough money to begin a program and charity for the quirkless population around the world. His charity took off as his business did.

Four years later had Izuku living in Japan again, visiting the one who made it all possible at least three times a week for dinner, leading him to become unofficially adopted into the family.