62AO (Language of the Rain)

Credit to the artist! (Google says Sakurai-sanxIceland on DeviantArt)

Sonzuku POV

It was supposed to be a normal day, but I guess it is safe to assume I cannot have those anymore. To be fair, I do not believe anyone but Nedzu was thinking Aizawa-sensei would give us a lesson on quirkless people, especially without warning.

"Quirkless people face a lot of discrimination..." I hide a snort. Aizawa-sensei goes on to explain true quirkless statistics. He must research heavily to find them. He talks about how quirkless people live and adapt to survive in a world so harsh to them. "If you ever get the trust of a quirkless person, do whatever it takes not to lose it. They are known in law enforcement for their excellent access due to their system and their language. They cannot develop much of a system like the rest of the public can, so they built their own." I throw my hand to my mouth, hiding a smile and silent noise as Bakugou shifts in front of me. "People with access to this system are known to be the best in law enforcement and heroics. If you are not trusted by a quirkless person, you may lose your chance to be fully trusted by any. As a sign of my trust, I will not give out any details you could not otherwise find. Now, Midoriya." My teacher's eyes rest on me. "Since you seem to be so happy, what is something the quirkless see as a symbol?"

I smile. How fun. "Colors. Also, rain." My sensei's eyes widen. I smile wider.

"Do you by any chance have access to the system?"

"Nope, sorry Sensei," I say in a manner that screams no one should believe the words coming from me.

"That is not fair!" Mineta screams out. Welp. I guess I have one more on my list.

Some others in my class start freaking out about how unfair it is that I have access to a system they cannot, and will never be able to, touch. I am just glad not all of them will go on the list. My old classmates got five years each. I doubt they will be able to touch the system anyway, besides Bakugou. Everyone who yelled out about it will also be going on the list for five years, except Mineta. He gets life on the list. I will update it tonight.

"I was just messing around. I do not have access any more than the rest of you." Yeah. That is a lie. Just before lunch ends, Sensei has me go with him to a room. Looking around, I can tell it is seemingly soundproof. That is not concerning at all. "Midoriya? Do you know?"

"I am sorry, Sensei, but I am not willing to share information about a system even Nedzu cannot touch. Please do not corner me and please forgive me." Funnily enough, even though All Might used to be quirkless, he has been black-listed by practically every quirkless to have met him.

"It is not you who should be asking for forgiveness, Problem Child. I am sorry for worrying you. I just wanted to be sure whether or not you knew."

Third POV

Aizawa heads to the teachers' lounge after classes end. "How were your classes?" A lanky colleague of Aizawa asks.

"I informed the children of the quirkless system today." All Might's eyes pop.

"Ehrm. And how was it? Did anyone act weird, by any chance?"

"You knew Midoriya knew something. You knew and he never told you anything."

Sonzuku POV

"Young Midoriya?" I hear the voice of my mentor from the door of my dorm.

"Yes?" is my response as I open the door more.

"You do not trust me enough? Is it something I did?" My eyes widen. Aizawa-sensei must have mentioned something. I am sure he did not expect this outcome.

"I trust you with my life," I say carefully, "but I do not trust you with theirs." I do not elaborate, even as my mentor pushes further.

"Midoriya?" Another voice calls out. "All Might. What are you doing here?"

"I was... uh... I was leaving." I exhale slowly as he leaves.

"Midoriya. I do not know why you know of the system, but thank you. I am sure they appreciate your protection."

"Yeah, we also appreciate people like you. You remember telling us about the languages?" I try to not give the man a chance to voice his questions.

"Yes?" My teacher's shoulders are tense. I give a closed-lip smile.

"The Language of the Rain. That is what we call it. Tell it to Miss K. She will give you the information she decides to trust you with. Go to her in three days, at the park where we first met. Good night, Sensei. Do not bring Nezu." I shut the door and begin sending out messages.