9D (Near Death Experiences)

Credit to the artist!

Sonzuku POV

Hey, look, I almost died!

We were going on a class trip, probably not a great idea considering our record. Good news: Dadzawa let me be with my boyfriends. Bad news: Shigaraki tried to approach me again. Good news: My boyfriends deflected him. Bad news: The whole league is here.

I sigh. Must we really fight today. I know I would usually be all amped up for this and ready to help, but I'm kind of tired and kind of don't see the point. They aren't doing anything that we aren't. I suppose this is how only I would feel after a week of lessons with Nezu. I sigh once more. Then, I move between the two groups.

"Must we really fight today?" Dadzawa growls at me question and Shiggy seems to share this sudden hostility.

"Come and fight me! You're supposed to be useless background characters!" Shiggy yells at me. I just roll my eyes and adjust myself so I'm with my back to the wall still in between then. They all seem to recognize that I'll use my quirk to stop them if they cross the imaginary line at which I stand. I barely see it, but Kurogiri smiles a bit. At least someone here has some sort of sanity. Kurogiri teleports next to me. I don't stop them. Now, both teams have people growling at the other and us. I smirk. Between both of us, I know we can keep them away.

"Step away from the villain, Problem Child!" Dadzawa yells at me.

"For once, we agree with something. Kurogiri, get away from the kid and don't try to stop us." Kurogiri shakes their head at him.

"This behavior would not be acceptable of an upcoming hero!" Iida yells, doing the robot arms. Kurogiri moves to the hero side of me. I stare at them, confused.

"Actually, mister, this is very unheroic of you to be encouraging the behavior of your classmates and teacher. Not only are there lots of civilians here-" Kurogiri continues talking. I face the villains.

"Opposing what Kurogiri is stating to them, it would be very bad for you to attack us right now. I look terrible because I am defending villains as the media will likely put it. However, if you choose to fight and I fight back, my image will be saved. Not only that, but there are a lot of interesting characters here that may get harmed in the process. One such example is Sayo Xioya. She is outcasted from her peers because she refuses to show them her quirk. She believes it's not worth her time and anyone supposedly good and stronger than her should be obliterated. In other words, she's perfect for your little crew since she has a conscience and a personality beyond that. Due to the position you would put her in, however-" I hear explosions going off behind me. I choose to ignore them knowing Kurogiri will be able to stop Kacchan and the others. Kacchan and Kiri must feel horrible right now. Here I am standing next to villains, talking to them. No matter. I can worry about that later. "-increases her chances of becoming a hero and an enemy of yours. She will want revenge with the conscience she has left."

Shiggy frowns and seems to agree. He does not stop the others, though. I have to appease them next. He knows this. He knows I will have a hard time with them. What he doesn't know, is how much I've learned about them since I got into 1A. I keep as much information on people as possible, especially people likely to become a villain.

"Toga and Dabi. The rest of the group doesn't matter. Once I stop you two, I stop you all. Plus, there's no more of you here. My point to Dabi is that his brother is here, he is okay, he lives away from his father, and he rarely has to see his father anymore." It's almost comical how quickly Dabi calms down once I mention his brother and he sees him. Toga next. "Toga, Toga, Toga. You know how bad it would be to attack here. You know how much information I could gain seeing it just once. Imagine if I got to see it close." Toga backs down. Kurogiri seems to be finishing up with the heroes as well.

"If I wanted to hurt him, I clearly would have done so." Kurogiri seems to notice I stopped talking and looks at me. They seem irritated. They look back to their group, give me a nod of approval, and teleports them all to the second floor of the mall. The shouting that starts tells me everything. It dies down quickly, and I assume they continue shopping for what they need.

I fall through a hole myself, making my class and teacher panic a bit, all running towards me. I end up falling into Dadzawa's arms. He freaks out and quickly sets me down. Then, he checks over me. Kacchan and Kiri quickly approach as well. Todoroki follows. They all move around me as Dadzawa physically checks me. I yelp when he touches a bruise I got on my side. I got it when I fell down the stairs onto a rail.

"It's fine. I fell down and got it a couple days ago." Dadzawa stares at me before poking around it gently. I squirm a bit when he gets to spots that hurt more.

"You idiot!" is the first thing Kacchan says to me when Dadzawa lets me go, still not having said anything to me. "Don't do that again! Do you know how worried we were?"

He gets closer to my ear and whispers. "Do you know how I felt when teleporty explained. You were trying to do so much. You did so much better than all of us. But you didn't have to scare us like that. You got so close to a villain. I listened to you for a minute. You knew about the girl and about knives. You knew Blue flames' brother."

I let him coddle me for a minute. Kiri joins soon, realizing Kacchan stopped talking to me. Todoroki comes up to me after my boyfriends let me go. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." He cries into my shirt as he hugs me. He lets go fairly quickly, fixing his face. I wish I could do that that fast. He lifts me, bridal style. I look over to Momo, thinking she may not appreciate it, but she's laughing when I look. I grin back at her.

Kiri gets me from Todoroki's arms before Kacchan could. He holds me protectively to his chest, glaring slightly at Todoroki for trying to steal me for fun. I see a small smile come from the usually apathetic boy. I grin back at him. I mouth some words to him, knowing he will catch them. Touya is safe. So are you. Let me at the flaming trash can one day.

Dadzawa takes me straight from Kiri's arms as he is about to let me down. He still seems slightly panicked. He picks me up like he others, bridal style. He is careful to avoid my side. "I don't care how you got it, I'll be taking care of it when we get back. It's not bad enough to have to go to the nurse, however. If you ever pull something like that again, I'm grounding you until you leave UA and school arresting you outside of when you are in your mom's care." He pulls me closer.

"Okay, Dadzawa!" Dadzawa looks up after hearing the nickname. Have I not shared it before? He grins and mutters something about a problem son.

When we get back, Dadzawa takes me and places me on the counter of his apartment. (How he did that without touching my side, I will never know.) He has me take off my shirt so he can see the damage. It's a bad bruise that spreads from the waist area. I'm surprised it hasn't healed more. He glared at it, like the bruise did something wrong.

"Where did you fall? We clearly need to fix the safety of the place." He says as he puts some cream on it.

"I fell from the UA dorm stairs. I don't think you can make it safer than that." He hums. The stairs themselves are very safe. To be entirely honest, I'm not even sure how I fell.

"You know how you're receiving lessons with Nezu?" Before I can answer, he continues. "I'm going to tell him about that and see how that impacts your grade. My guess is that you'll receive extra credit for somehow being able to bypass the security."

"My lessons with Nezu ended Friday?" I say to him as a response. He shakes his head.

"I guess he decided not to tell you, then. He doesn't just take personal students for a week. Whether you agreed to it or not, the lessons will continue. There's no way he would have accepted your bribe if he didn't already want you. That means you have refused him previously. More likely than not, he is not going to let you go." I stare at Dadzawa and start laughing.

"Try as he might, I will only ever attend lessons with him as bribery. It's the only thing I can bribe him with, currently. I'm more concerned of how you knew there was a bribe? And where is the darling?" He wraps it up, something I deem unnecessary but decide not to comment on.

"Nezu had to inform of the bribe as it would affect your schooling. Also, the darling, as you put it, is spending the day with Mic since I went will you all today." I grin at Dadzawa.

I continue my lessons with Nezu regularly, but only because it is a sort of bribe.