21I (Royal! AU)

Credit to the artist!

Sonzuku POV

I smile at the end of the meeting. Prince Shoto follows me out of the room. "So, who's your mystery boy?" he asks with his voice somehow remaining blank.

"Shoooo, I can't tell you. He might be around here." I look around at the servants to prove a point. "Besides, the nobles of this kingdom barely respect me as is. Imagine what they would do once they found out his status." The prince I'm talking to shakes his head at me.

"Well then, Prince Izuku," he adds that part to prove a point, "if you are so concerned, you should probably refer to me by my title." I sigh. We walk to my room in silence from there.

When we arrive, I see my crush. My personal servant, chosen by my father. He has beautiful purple hair and brilliant eyes. Hitoshi Shinso. I don't know why I was chosen as the prince. I feel he would have been a much better prince, probably more accepted too. Dad, Eraserhead, is married to Present Mic. Technically, their identity is unknown to most people, due to them wanting to lead some kind of formal life, so they go by code names. I don't know how it works, Papa is very loud. Honestly, Hitoshi almost looks like Dad's child more than I do. They both seem so exhausted all of the time.

I jump when Sho starts talking to me again. "So he's the one." This is said rather obviously, making me blush when Hitoshi looks our way.

"He's the one what, Prince Zuku?" I blush even more at the nickname and curl into a ball on the floor in an attempt to hide. Hitoshi laughs at my embarrassment. Sho seems to understand how bad it is. Hitoshi doesn't even know I like him and I act like this around him all the time. I break out of it around him after ten or so minutes. Every. Single. Time.

"Nothing," I finally answer. He walks over and ruffles my hair. He looks back at my friend and bows.

"Hello, Prince Shoto." Sho looks disgusted. He fixes Hitoshi so he is standing again. He's never reacted like this before.

"I'll answer for Prince Zuku, he has a crush on you." Sho leaves immediately after saying that, barely smirking when I look at him helplessly.

"If that is true, then I have good news. If it isn't, then the other prince just broke my heart," Hitoshi says.

"It's true," I mumble out, praying to everything that he means it. He walks over to me cautiously. I freeze when arms wrap around me.

"So, would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?" I nod and turn around to hug him back. He seems out of balance, but he grins all the same. My door opens again.

"Congratulations!" Sho gives us a real smile. I get up and hug him. "You're welcome." The cheeky little prince. I roll my eyes. For now, all's well that ends well.