95BU (Escape Room)

They met at an escape room. It was a random Friday night, and Midoriya went to enjoy one of his favorite pastimes. With escape rooms, you are considered to be cheating if you use your quirk and it is not passive. You also have to pay for any property damage.

Midoriya actually manages to pay for the escape rooms by making online games, some of his most popular being, of course, escape room games.

Unlike most first-person games, escape room games are generally less popular if quirks are included because that means the games "encourage property damage" and do not incite as much excitement as when a person figures everything out by themself.

The escape room he is going to is in a busier city, but he knows they will not have many visitors given that it is a school/ workday. Oh the perks of online school.

When he gets there, he signs in and waits for the room to begin. While they are making sure everything is prepared, another person walks in. Midoriya assumes, correctly, it is his partner. The escape room requires a minimum of two people, after all.

"Hey, kid. It seems I am your partner for this escape room. Have you ever done one before?" Eraserhead seems somewhat dead inside but also confused, like he is surprised a kid could be his partner. To be fair to him, this is meant to be one of the harder escape rooms.

"Yep! This will make the thirty-seventh one I have done. Hopefully, it will also be the thirty-seventh one I beat. What are your stakes, Eraserhead? I don't know any heroes who escape rooms for fun." The man lets out a sigh, expecting nothing less from the kid in front of him who has intelligence shining through his eyes.

"Call me Aizawa. This escape room determines how many of Nedzu's games I have to participate in this year. I need to beat it in half the time. I saw that six hours was given for this and assumed it would be my best bet."

"Oh! Cool! Good luck to us then. The room should be ready in a moment. Try to keep up with me, Old Man." Aizawa smirks; this kid has spunk.

"I'm an underground hero, Kid. It is you who is going to have to keep up with me."

They are led to a blank room. Midoriya immediately checks above the door frame and finds a key that unlocks the door in the room they did not come from. He outright laughs at Aizawa's expression. The first room was not meant to take more than a minute at most.

Aizawa continues to check the first room while Midoriya enters the second. The second one resembles a bedroom with many decorations. He checks under the rug and in the cabinets first. He finds one lock in a cabinet, but nothing was under the rug. He calls out the results to Aizawa.

Aizawa finds a secret compartment in the first room. It is under the tile. In it lies a single key. Aizawa calls this to Midoriya who asks for him to try the key on the three doors in the second room. It unlocks the second door, the one in the middle and in front of the bed.

Midoriya continues to look for clues for the combination lock while Aizawa enters the new room. The new room is a nursery, also with many accessories. The person working calls out that ten minutes have passed and they have five hours and fifty minutes remaining.

Aizawa cannot find anything in the new room and Midoriya does not feel like following the clues in the room he is in, so they switch. Instantly, they are both able to find things the other does not. With a combination of excellent teamwork and weird skills, they are able to "escape" the room in one hour, forty-eight minutes, and eleven seconds. The worker is stunned.

"That is the fastest anyone has ever beaten that escape room. Thank you both for that show; it was much more entertaining than watching shows like I normally do."

"Thank you!" Midoriya tips the worker, as does Aizawa, and they take their picture together to be hung on the wall. "Have a nice day!"

Unfortunately, Midoriya and Aizawa will not see each other again for many years. When Aizawa sees Midoriya again, he grins as this quirkless, crazy, stupid, genius kid runs toward the zero pointer to help save a girl, securing a spot in his class. And if Midoriya winks at the camera as he leaves, one of the ones meant to be hidden, well then only Aizawa, Midoriya, and Nedzu will ever know.