94BT (Later, Waiter)

Midoriya meets Aizawa for the first time during a normal day of working.

"Hello, Sir. I will be your waiter this afternoon. Do you know what you would like to drink?" Midoriya is doing his best no to freak out, knowing that his favorite underground hero is sitting in front of him. He does not want to interrupt the hero's day.

Unbeknownst to Midoriya, Aizawa wonders why a random kid serving him seems to be having a slight crisis. When the waiter returns with his drink, he recognizes the looks the kid is giving him. It is like the ones kids usually give to limelight heroes.

"Do you know me or something, Kid?" Midoriya squeaks. Like he actually squeaks. Aizawa is mildly amused by the reaction.

"I am so sorry! I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. It's just that I figured out you were Eraserhead and you have been kind of an idol to me for what you do! You have never purposefully permanently harmed anyone who didn't deserve it either! And to be able to use your capture weapon like you do! It is so amazing!" Aizawa stares at Midoriya. Midoriya flushes. "Can you sign this for me really quick? It would be a huge honor!"

Looking down at the page he was offered, Aizawa sees a somewhat rough but overall accurate drawing of himself. On the page is also information about Aizawa himself and his quirk.

"Sure, Kid. Just make sure none of this gets out." Aizawa, somewhat hesitant, signs the book.

When Aizawa is leaving, he calls out to the green waiter, "Later, Waiter," due to not fully processing very much since the encounter.

Aizawa goes back to the restaurant a week later. The kid is working again, so Aizawa walks over to his area.

This happens a few more times, with and without Midoriya being there at the time, before Aizawa strikes up some form of a conversation again.

"How long have you been working here?"

"About a year now, I believe."

They talk to each other a bit each time Aizawa comes by and can get Midoriya as a waiter. They grow closer from these encounters, but they still do not actively seek each other out outside of the restaurant. Aizawa has taken to saying, "Later, Waiter," every time as some sort of inside joke.

One day, the topic of school is brought up.

"Oh, my grades are atrocious. It will be a miracle if any high school takes me in." Aizawa finds this a bit odd since there are usually not many requirements for high schools, but he doesn't push the subject.

"I'm surprised to hear that. I know you're smart, at least with that analysis of yours." Midoriya perks up and rubs the back of his neck.

"I'm glad you think so. You know, I think you would be a good teacher. Whatever kids remain in your class are lucky to have you."

"I doubt that," Aizawa states dryly, causing both of them to laugh. "If you need help with your studies, I can tutor you." Midoriya thinks the offer is kind, so he smiles, albeit somewhat bitterly.

"Thank you for the offer, but I am going to have to decline." At Aizawa's slightly crestfallen face and defensive position, Midoriya elaborates. "I really do appreciate the offer, it is just that with my quirklessness, no one will ever believe I am doing good in classes without cheating or anything. Besides, I cannot pick up on what you can teach me as well as others. The tutoring would be put to waste, overall." This time, Aizawa's frown and distaste is very obvious.

"That is stupid. People cannot be less smart than others due to their quirk or genetic status. They may be different, but people are not less due to things like that." Midoriya tears up, but he overall remains professional since he is a master at masking his emotions due to customer service. "The offer still remains. We don't even have to learn about traditional subjects."

"I appreciate the offer, I promise I do, but I don't have the time for that right now. Have a good day, Aizawa. Don't be too hard on those students of yours."

Next time Aizawa comes back, it is with a new proposal. "This time, my offer is to train you mentally and physically to make sure you are secure in the future, at the very least."

"I want to be a hero, Aizawa. Unfortunately, it will take a lot more than some training for me to get there."

"Play a game with me. You can choose the game. If I win, I will stop asking. If you win, I want us to at least come up with a plan."

"Why if I win?"

"If you can beat me in a game, I will get you into the recommendation exam. If you do not and you decide you want training, I will help you but will not put you through the recommendation exam."

"Fine. But just for your knowledge, I have enough blackmail to at least apply to most hero schools, even if they do not usually accept quirkless students."

Midoriya sets up a game of Tic Tac Toe, not hoping for too much but also knowing how to tie almost every situation and how to win. There are only nine squares after all. Aizawa, confused by this choice, watches as Midoriya opens up a Tic Tac Toe app on his phone and lets Aizawa go first.

"Hey. You said I could choose any game." Midoriya laughs at the look Aizawa gives him. The man gives in with a slight smirk, happy the kid found some easy game instead of going for a hard one. It shows he wants to win, even if he does not believe he can. Luckily for Midoriya, Aizawa has not played Tic Tac Toe in many years.

Ten games are played. Nine games end in a draw. For the final game, Midoriya went first and won. Midoriya is very happy with this arrangement. Aizawa took a video and sent it to the staff chat with the following message saying 'Nezu. I want this one'.

So, on the first day of UA when Midoriya inevitably gets in, and Aizawa cackles at Midoriya's face when he slinks in, Midoriya having never seen him in a sleeping bag before.

It is Midoriya's turn to laugh when Nezu comes up to him and takes a picture with him later that day. The picture is sent to the teacher's group chat with the following message: Corruption is imminent. Be very scared.

At the end of the day, Midoriya is sent multiple questioning looks when Aizawa tells him "Later, Waiter," as they are leaving for the day.