47AC (Sleeping Bag)

Credit to the artist!

Third POV

Midoriya nearly falls asleep in class after a long night of taking care of the children at the orphanage. The orphanage is a safe place, but he is the only one old enough to help the caretakers take care of the kids. There are so many kids. Aizawa starts to catch on to his weariness, especially after certain days, Wednesdays and weekends, when the caretakers go for errands and he has to watch the majority of the kids.

"Midoriya, please come here," Aizawa states, beckoning the tired child over. Midoriya made it to school earlier than his classmates so he could catch up on homework. When the child reaches his desk, Aizawa shoves him into his sleeping bag and zips it up. "Don't worry about making anything up. We're going to be reviewing today. Sleep." The child nods, too dazed to do much else.

Midoriya wakes up from his nap at lunchtime. Aizawa waved off his classmates' earlier concerns. He attempts to stretch, but he notices he cannot move. He then feels the warmth emitting from the sleeping bag that is preventing his movement.

Aizawa watches as his student wakes up from the nap he took. He gains some mirth when he notices the kid wiggling around somewhat. Aizawa sets up his phone so it can take a video while he doesn't have to look at it.

Midoriya attempts to leave the sleeping bag, to no avail. He glares weakly at the teacher watching him before returning to his mission. Twenty-seven minutes of Aizawa gaining delightful footage later, Midoriya wiggles out of the sleeping bag. Aizawa Cheshire grins and stops the video, handing his student food.

--Later--

"Yes, the process has been approved. I am looking for a child. Yes, I am aware that they will need to be somewhat older because I cannot be there as often as necessary for a baby or toddler. Thank you." Midoriya hears a familiar voice wafting throughout the orphanage. He smiles.

"Hey, Dylan, Macie, Nicole, and Sam, come with me. Our visitor is looking for someone older." Midoriya freezes once more when he hears more familiar voices.

"All Might! Present Mic! Midnight! What are you doing here?"

"We are here to adopt as well." Midnight winks at the caretaker. "I would like an older child as well. I think both of the gentlemen here would agree."

"Right! Let me go get my teenagers!" The caretaker goes and sees Midoriya and the other children standing around the corner."

They all walk out as a group. Midoriya smiles and waves at his teachers, getting a wave and a few shocked expressions in return. Aizawa was the only one who knew about his home, he was the only one to read his file.

"Normally, I'd do the introductions, but I am going to let Midoriya do it since he knows you all."

Midoriya walks up to the next oldest besides himself. "This is Sam. They are very friendly, very awkward, and very playful. Crash course on random facts about Sam. Sam is an Aquarius and loves the color brown due to its aesthetic. Sam and Macie are very close"

Next, Midoriya walks over to the youngest. "This is Macie. She is a very timid and very creative person. She is fierce and will fight you if you do something against her or her friends. Her star sign is Gemini, which she and Sam love because Geminis and Aquarius are supposed to get along well. It is the only reason they care about them. Her favorite color is pink because, in Kirishima's words, 'it is the manliest color'."

"This is Nicole. She adores animals, but her quirk scares them away when she speaks. It leads the fear chemical within the brain to be produced, even for humans. Because of this, she will not speak to anyone she believes will be too affected by her quirk. All of us can bypass it so you should be able to as well. Her favorite color is green because it reminds her of nature and, therefore, animals."

"This is Dylan. He loves to make flower crowns and grow plants. He is kind, smart, and caring. He is partially deaf, meaning he usually is wearing hearing aids. He loves the color yellow because it reminds him of sunshine and happiness. He likes it for the warmth and light. He is amazing with his plants and would benefit from space to grow them."

Midoriya stands back and watches as his teachers interact with his practically siblings. He is happily surprised when All Might is the one to talk to Dylan. He is glad he is treating Dylan the same as anyone else. It would be good for him, and All Might's house has a backyard with space for plants. Midoriya approves. Midnight talks to all four of them before slowly only talking to Sam and Macie. Midoriya approves of this as well. Present Mic carries Nicole around, laughing and getting responses from her. This automatically makes him Midoriya approved. He frowns when he notices his homeroom teacher not talking to any of the kids.

"Aizawa-sensei? Is there something wrong?" His teacher turns to him, seemingly exasperated at his question.

"Thank you for the concern, but nothing is wrong. Can I ask you a question, though?" Midoriya nods, wanting to help his teacher in any way possible. "Would you like to be adopted?"

"Well, it would depend on the person adopting me, I think. There would be some good options that I would jump at, but-"

"I meant me, Problem Child. Would you like to be adopted by me?"

"Yes!" Midoriya's face lights up into a smile.