42X (Smiles)

Credit to the artist!

*I feel the need to add I am not abandoning you all (I think) after I "run out" of letters, nor will I constantly be reusing AUs.

Third POV

All of UA's hero-related course students are at an award ceremony relating to heroics to give them some experience in different departments. Instead of being for the people titled heroes, it is for the people behind the scenes. The police officers, detectives, medical personnel, managers, designers, marketers, and non-hero assistants get awards.

These awards are not based on popularity. Instead, it is more of an unofficial, but still very recognized as true, ceremony where people get their awards based on a group of unbiased and non-discriminatory individuals who are not strictly employed at the place, "Joya", who shadow every contestant for a day and fill out a report on how they good they think the person is. If the person makes it through the whole day and gets shadowed again, it can be assumed they are either terrible people or one of the best at their job and a good person.

The classes were informed of this before their arrival and were told that they would be representing UA, meaning, if they show any inappropriate behavior, they will get into major trouble.

Midoriya, who knew about the ceremony beforehand, was very excited. Aizawa-sensei noticed and decided to pay extra attention to his student as the event is very well hidden from the general population, even a lot of heroes.

Midoriya knew about the ceremony from their deep web searches. They would find something that seemed like it had a secret and figure it out to pass a lot of time when they got bored of doing the same thing over and over. It was hard to find the actual information, which made it intriguing. Also, they were scouted by the person running the company when they noticed their activity on their hidden website. They have been through the entire process before, so they are very excited about this, especially because of one of the contestants.

Sadly, they know they will most likely not be able to work with the company when they grow up, especially since they are already popular. If they went underground, they might be able to do that, but they know they can't do that to anyone who needs someone to look up to when they can be that person. The good news is that they can still watch, advise, and help from the sidelines. They can edit the website and manage people to an extent.

"Now, for the management section!" Aizawa watches as his student seems to shake with anticipation. "Fifth place, Yuu Into," Midoriya claps with a bright smile. It is somehow brighter than Aizawa has ever seen from his student. "Fourth place, Hin Todo." Midoriya only seems happier. The thought that they could be cheering for someone crosses Aizawa's mind. "Third place, Dina Xin." One of his, if not his, smartest and happiest students starts to vibrate a bit more, not enough to be concerning but clearly showing something. "Second place, Migha To." Midoriya is almost jumping up and down. They know she did it. She really did it. "First place, Akia Vio!" Aizawa watches as his student practically glows at the announcement and manages to out-clap everyone else combined. Midoriya's classmates turn to them, shocked by their enthusiasm. No one realized they could smile brighter, that they might not be their happiest at UA.

"Thank you all so much for the award. It means a lot, especially considering what it took for me to get here. Thank you to Rin Otayu, the one who usually shadowed me, for being an amazing person. Thank you to the person who assigned me only the least discriminatory and nicest people. Thank you all for the opportunity. Thank you all for letting me prove myself." The lady sucks in a breath, looking out at the audience. Aizawa follows her gaze, noticing when it stops briefly on Midoriya, who gives her a thumbs up. Aizawa swears she seems to know them. Then again, with Midoriya's knowledge of this whole thing, maybe she does know them. "This may be a surprise to some of you, but I am quirkless." Silence hangs in the air. Midoriya grins proudly, brighter than the sun, their teacher doing the same, except more like the teacher and more creepy. "I got here through my hard work and the support of some people who believed in me. To those who work with Joya, I think we would all like to thank the quirkless one who helped us all so much. Who has a quirk now and still helps us and loves us all the same. Who we love all the same as well. To the ones who supported me before anyone else, and to myself for making it." Aizawa notices three things. One, her eyes stop on Midoriya. Two, Bakugou glances between Midoriya and Miss Vio, seemingly in disbelief. Three, Midoriya flushes a bright red. Suddenly, Aizawa wishes he read the kid's file.

At the party after the awards, Aizawa can only nod with some hesitance and pride as Midoriya asks to leave the class for a little bit. Their eyes immediately light up at the permission, and they run off towards Miss Vio.

"Hey, Greenie. I didn't think I would be seeing you tonight," states the woman, excusing herself from the people who were congratulating her.

"Miss Vio! You did so well!" They smile at her like she saved the world.

"So did you Greenie, so did you." The child talks to her for a bit before waving bye, congratulating her again, and moving in between many different groups of people, talking to a majority of them along the way under their teacher's watchful eyes.

Aizawa realizes he is going to have to talk to Midoriya about so much when they get back to UA. He knows a quirkless youth is not a fun one. Along with being nonbinary, that could not have been a fun experience in the slightest.

Later, the Yamada-Aizawa/Aizawa-Yamada family practically adopts Midoriya and their mother into their family. They all take care of each other and mess with each other. Midoriya continues to direct people behind the scenes for Joya, having the time of their life while doing it. They also keep up with their job as a pro hero.

Thank you all so much for reading and supporting! It's amazing to me that this has 10k reads. I appreciate it and I hope you are all doing okay/are getting(or feeling) better at worst! <3