Part 18: Hero Killer

TRAIN STATION

"YOU HAVE REACHED HOSU, TRAIN STATION. THANK FOR TAKING JAPAN EXPRESS"

"Here we are rabbit!," Mirko said while stretching her legs.

"Rabbit?"

"Yes! Until internships are over, your new sidekick name is Rabbit!"

"That's fine since I am the only one who is interning with you"

"Good to hear!" Mirko yelled, slapping my back.

"So what's our first move in finding the hero killer?"

"At first I planned to test you to see if you can handle it, however you displayed potential during the sports festival. SO WE CAN SKIP THE TRAINING AND GO RIGHT INTO BATTLE!!" Mirko said with a fierce smile.

"Really?"

"Absolutely, we're gonna have to catch and possibly beat the Hero Killer so put on your hero costume" Mirko said as she ripped off her casual clothing revealing her entire hero outfit.

"You're already in your outfit"

"That's right rabbit, now go get change in the station's bathroom and be quick, a hero could be in need of help as we speak!"

I quickly put on my hero suit and mask and made my way back to Mirko.

"You kinda look like a villain! I like it!" Mirko said with a thumbs up.

"Thank you for saying so"

"For now, we'll be patrolling the streets from the top of buildings so try your best to keep up!" Mirko shouted as she hopped away and onto nearby roofs.

'Springlike limbs, Kinetic booster, Strength Enhancer'

I applied all these quirks into my legs, so that I may imitate the movements of Mirko while patrolling.

"You're too slow rabbit"

"That's because I'm holding back Mirko"

"Oh? Then let's see you keep up with this!!" Mirko yelled as she suddenly started to hop away at high speeds.

Honestly it looked like I wouldn't be able to catch up to her so I deactivated Painkiller to become faster.

"Come back here!" I yelled.

We started to zoom through the city roofs and I only managed to stay about 10 feet behind her and all the while, I watched her scout the area for anything she could do. I noticed an old lady was about to fall in the middle of the street but before I could do anything, Mirko was already there and helped the lady cross the street and hopped away in an instant.

Next we both started to jump through alley's seemingly looking for illegal activity. Mirko had picked up 3 boxes with kittens inside which was sad for me to see. Mirko carried them with ease and despite the pace she was going, she made sure to keep the kittens safe and stable before arriving at an animal shelter and quickly dropping the kitten off inside and then jumping back onto the streets.

"Hey! It's the hero Mirko!"

"She's so fast!"

"Amazing!"

"Who's that guy with her?"

"He's looks pretty scary"

"If Mirko is with him then it should be alright"

"Hey rabbit!, Maybe you should take of the mask" Mirko suggested.

"Yeah, it's probably best if I do," I said, as I slipped the helmet off and left it dangling on back like the hood of a sweater.