62: This Could've Been our Normal

THE NEXT MORNING

I had almost forgotten where we were as I opened my eyes. I could feel the weight of the kids as I heard all 3 of them snore slowly and softly. I scanned the area first thing as I woke up and noticed there was something at the door, a package but before I could move I had to move the kids. Eri was now on my lap, Katsuma was still leaning on my right side and Mahoro was laying down with the back of her neck on my thigh. Gently I took Katsuma's head and leaned it back onto the couch, then brought Eri off my lap and turned her away and finally got Mahoro's head and tried to move her but she suddenly woke up.

"......mmmm Hisashi?," Mahoro said while yawning,"It's early"

"You don't know what early is Mahoro," I said smiling,"I'll be getting up so if you could"

"Sure thing," Mahoro said as she slowly stood up and stretched, releasing one loud yawn,"What are we doing today?"

"What are we doing? Don't you kids have school?"

"Well, we're homeschooled but that takes place later today," Mahoro said as she slowly walked down the hall and into the bathroom.

'Not a morning person it seems or maybe she slept wrong'

I got up from the couch and made my way to the front door. As soon as I opened it, my face was blasted by the rays of a rising sun. It was a beautiful view despite being inside the house, a perfect view of the sea.

'Pretty,' I thought as I looked down and towards the passage I noticed.

I quickly picked it up and noticed that on the top, a label was stuck on and it read /To: Katsuma and Mahoro. From: Dad/.

'Maybe it's time to wake them up,' I thought as I used Commu to speak into their heads.

<Eri, Katsuma. It's time to wake up>

Whether or not they were in a deep dream didn't matter, since my voice would always be heard. It made it easier to wake someone up so I didn't have to go and shake them. Once I saw that both their eyes started to flutter open, I closed the front door, opened a few blinds to let the sun come into the living room and sat on a different couch with the box on my lap.

"Good Mor-(yawn interruption)-ning mister Hisashi," Katsuma said while stretching.

"Good-(yawn)," Eri didn't finish her greeting.

"Had a nice sleep?," I asked.

"Yeah...a way better one then I've had in a long time," Katsuma said as he just slummed back onto the couch with his head on the cushion.

"Katsuma...come here," Eri said as she crawled over to Katsuma and laid her head on top of his," Pillow...suma...(snore)"

"Mrr, Eri wake up," Katsuma said as he pushed Eri off of his head and sat back up rubbing his eyes,"Woah..."

"Something interesting Katsuma," I asked.

"No...it's just that....it feels different now, in a good way"

"Well, you do have 2 strangers in your house, and whom you slept on so it must feel a bit strange. Anyways, I know you're tired but please brush your teeth and wash your face. You and your sister had receive a package from you father"

"....Oh!," Katsuma's eyes widen after he noticed the box on my lap," Right, where's sister!?"

"Right here," Mahoro said walking down the hall and to the living space looking ready for the day," Katsuma, hurry up and get ready"