Part 71: When I see you Again

U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

"Thank you young man for carrying my stuff here," an old lady and man thanked Yagi as he put the last box inside the old couple's new home.

"You're welcome! Would you also like me to unpack your stuff? I can get started right away," Yagi insisted.

"No,no youngman. We were planning on exploring your school's small shopping center for today. Maybe tomorrow, what do ya say?" the old man asked.

"Sure! If you need anything at all, ask me, my classmates or anyone one else, and if you need to find me I'm most likely running around or in those dorms," Yagi said, pointing towards class 1-A's dorms.

"We'll keep that in mind future hero," the old woman said as she lead her husband to their new home," Thank you very much"

Yagi watched as the old couple went into their home before coming back out and going to U.A's shopping center, and once they were out of sight for the most part, he dropped the smile.

'Another pair......'

U.A. has been sheltering those in high rate criminal areas. Because most of the hero force was short handed due to lost lives or injuries, the Hero Association was stretched out. They were lucky that U.A. lent a hand, otherwise many of the newly settled people on the campus, would not be here or worse.

"Midoriya....don't you know what you're doing?" Yagi said to himself to focus on his thoughts to notice Ochako walking up to him.

"Hey Deku!" Ochako shouted for the third time before Yagi snapped out of his thoughts.

"Oh Uraraka! Sorry, what did you need?"

"Oh nothing, I just saw you looking down so I wanted to see if everything was alright," Ochako said looking at him to answer.

"R-Right, yeah, I'm fine. That was the 200th pair of people to come and start living inside the school's campus. They were sweet"

"Hmmhmmm, but I'm not worried about the couple, but I'm worried about you Deku. You've....gotten a bit distant from the class, and we all noticed it; Even Bakugo is somewhat concerned about it"

"Haha, I can leave it to you guys to tell how I'm feeling. (sigh) I'm just reflecting on myself, and when I do it reminds me of Midoriya. Not in a weird way, but it just happens I picked it up from him when he was here"

"Well, it's normal to rub off on habits from friends, especially close ones. Do you think....we can save him Deku?"

"Well, that's what we've been training for Uraraka. If we can't do it, then most likely no one else can. I'm glad Aizawa shortened the classes to allow us to help newcomers settle in. Because of this, it ensures that these people are safe"

"......Deku.....are you still....worried about Valentine?" Ochako suddenly asked, grabbing the attention of Yagi.

"(blush) W-what! No, not at all. Well I mean yeah, b-but I haven't seen her since the island training on Nabu. Besides, I don't think she'd even be here and if I did see her, I don't know what I'd say"

"(giggle) Well, what did you want to tell her back on the island?"

"U-uh, W-well.....it's nothing. Well it's nothing now. It's not like I can like someone right now, I have a job and something to work towards"

"Hmmm, I don't think it's nothing," Ochako said suddenly changing her speech to a somewhat serious tone," If you have something to say, then maybe you shouldn't wait for when you're done"

'Because I missed my chance to say it to Hisashi......maybe if I did....things would've been different'

"Uraraka-"