Part 103: My Responsibility

CONTINUING (2 HOURS LATER)

Miss Rias was absolutely furious at what happened, and all I could say was sorry, but after 2 hours of doing work, she came back to her usual calm and collected self.

"Everything's been taken care of, Nana. All the memories have been Erased," Miss Rias informed me, after getting a call from her phone," The 2 kids that were killed were completely removed from existence and their families won't remember them. The girl, Nejire, will not remember your son at all"

"Huh? Why?"

"We needed to remove all traces of what happened today, Nana. Nejire was a witness and I'm sure that rather than eliminate her and her family, you would appreciate having her have nothing to do with this, so I pulled a few strings," Miss Rias said handing me a file," You will need to go over that but in short, you and your son will be relocated to a different apartment, one particular close to the U.A. Highschool. We chose this place because it has more heroes under our hands to watch him"

"More surveillance? Is smothering a child in watchful eyes a good idea? Sashi is quick to notice things and I wouldn't be surprised if he catches on later about the commission," I said in a low tone.

"Nana, we've been doing this kind of thing for a while now. I'm confident that my own workers and staff could handle watching a little boy and a mother without being noticed and if it does happen we can always erase his memories, but then that'll give him a sense of looking over his shoulder"

"Right, because feelings cannot be erased with memories. He'll remember the feeling of being watched," I said aloud, while furrowing my brows," Is Tsukauchi's Erase, permanent?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm curious. If the quirk couldn't fully erase the feelings then I just thought that perhaps it wasn't permanent," I said, getting a nod from Rias.

"Clever. I guess I could tell you. Yes, the Erasing of memories is temporary. Usually it lasts for a long time, maybe an entire lifetime, but it can be broken if you have some kind of stimulus, like something to jog the memory back. I guess Erase is more of a memory suppressant. If there is something so important that it couldn't be forgotten, then most likely it will help the person remember. It would also help if the certain memory has strong feelings involved"

"I see. I guess that's a good thing. If Sashi and Nejire meet again, they will surely remember each other since they were each other's first crushes," I said smiling to myself, remembering how Nejire tried to kiss Sashi, while Sashi was whining about it," (giggle) I can't wait to see that and take pictures"

"That seems nice for a family album," Miss Rias said," Your son won't be the same Nana"

"(sigh) That's right," I said depressingly, having failed once again at Sashi's upbringing," Now he'll be losing a part of his humanity huh? At this rate, he really won't become a hero"

"You won't have to worry about, since Hisashi may end up being eliminated," Miss Rias said with a straight face," It is clear, that this experiment to turn a Midoriya into a hero, is a fail-"

GRAB

"SHUT IT!" I snapped, gripping her shirt and pulling her close to my face," Not another word Miss RIAS. What the hell do you mean by 'eliminated'?. Sashi will not be facing any death threats from you, he's my-"

"Son? Nana, you are a member of the commission and here, feelings have no place. He is neither your son nor your responsibility to deal with at the end. Him being your son is merely a label Nana. Hisashi Midoriya is still under the watch of the commission whether you like it or not, meaning we can do with him as we please," Miss Rias said, now prying my hands off her," Think a little, yeah? He is still a threat that I managed to set up to be a logical experiment but if more incidents like this keep happening, then I'll have no choice but to shut this down"